Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not a kneejerk thread, this is based on the entire season so far.

-He doesn't get himself into good attacking positions often enough
-He isn't quick
-He isn't clinical whatsoever
-He is OK at holding the ball up and bring others into play, that's about it.

Was hoping we had signed another Ulloa but quite frankly he isn't up to it if we want to be top 6. With Wilson potentially being recalled and Zamora quite clearly not able to play 90 mins we need a first choice striker desperately.

If we end up in the play off final can you please slate Stockdale's ability against penalties? Thanks in advance. :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Surely the two points that many posters on this thread were missing is that different players take different amounts of times to adjust to a new situation; and that strikers more than most are apt to have runs of form. GM hardly uprooted trees at Palace when he started; Vardy scored 4 goals in 26 appearances for Leicester in his first season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
however I find it a bit rich that many people who agreed with me have now changed their tune
Name and shame (with quotes).

Anbyway instead of bouncing 3 month old threads how about enjoying our biggest win of the season in our auto promotion push with a couple of beers UTA xx
Can't we do both? I don't think anyone here isn't enjoying the win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surely the two points that many posters on this thread were missing is that different players take different amounts of times to adjust to a new situation; and that strikers more than most are apt to have runs of form. GM hardly uprooted trees at Palace when he started; Vardy scored 4 goals in 26 appearances for Leicester in his first season.

The other point worth highlighting is that certain players perform better when they've got good players around them. Hemed's barren spell fell in line with our dire run of injuries and, equally importantly, a long and intense period of games which meant those that played pretty much all those games knackered. This especially applies to those players playing in the front six, including not only Hemed but also our stunning central midfield duo.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
16 goals. Will hit 20

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a bit tiresome bouncing threads like this. Do it once or twice, fair enough, but otherwise we are stifling debate. And at the time this was posted, Hemed was out there for debate. I think the fact that NOBODY in the ground groans when his name is read out pretty much sums up the mood surrounding him now. He's recognised by everybody as a crucial cog in the machine. Time to let this one go.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not a kneejerk thread, this is based on the entire season so far.

-He doesn't get himself into good attacking positions often enough
-He isn't quick
-He isn't clinical whatsoever
-He is OK at holding the ball up and bring others into play, that's about it.

Was hoping we had signed another Ulloa but quite frankly he isn't up to it if we want to be top 6. With Wilson potentially being recalled and Zamora quite clearly not able to play 90 mins we need a first choice striker desperately.

959bd67f6fed524be7558de53af60421.jpg

So only three strikers in the league are championship standard ?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's a bit tiresome bouncing threads like this. Do it once or twice, fair enough, but otherwise we are stifling debate. And at the time this was posted, Hemed was out there for debate. I think the fact that NOBODY in the ground groans when his name is read out pretty much sums up the mood surrounding him now. He's recognised by everybody as a crucial cog in the machine. Time to let this one go.

We've just won, and 5-0 at that! We're flying up the table and coming into that fairytale form that is spoke about every year, the form that one team gets when they make the premier league.... Of course this means everyone is happy! But this is NSC, and generally that's not really allowed, so what better time to bounce a thread and be utter cocks to other people and make them feel small?

NSC does some great things, but the underlying nastiness really does need to do one.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:rave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Oh, come on. The guys just scored a hat trick. What better time to bounce this thread?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When was the last time (and whom) we had a player score 16 league goals at this level?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
When was the last time (and whom) we had a player score 16 league goals at this level?

Well exactly, I dont think Mckail Smith would ever got near it. Ulloa was a good player at this level, how many did he get in his last season?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well exactly, I dont think Mckail Smith would ever got near it. Ulloa was a good player at this level, how many did he get in his last season?
14 I think

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

- Ulloa had 14 league goals in 33 appearances in 2013/14. (2 in the FA Cup) - he was out for a month or so in mid season.
- He had 9 league goals in 17 appearances in 2012/13 (3 in the Cup) - For info: Hemed has had 10 goals in the last 12 appearances...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I agree, he's even recognised as a crucial cog by people like me. He had a long period earlier in the season when he was woeful (and like you said, he deserved the debate), but the turnaround has been massive, and he's coming up trumps when it matters. Criticise him for the woeful, praise him when his form turns around. He does indeed look like a Championship striker now (and has for a couple of months with the upturn in his alround game), which is excellent to see for him, for the club and for the fans. Let's hope it continues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here