Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The thing that puzzles me is, he is the 4th highest goal scorer in the league yet very few of our own fans would even have mentioned him as a candidate for player of the season.

He has done a terrific job for us particularly in 2016

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was pretty surprised to see this. As its only 4.
v Fulham (a), Leeds (h), Mk Dons (a), Fulham (h)
He also missed one v Wolves (a)

[tweet]721056132840747014[/tweet]

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We've just won, and 5-0 at that! We're flying up the table and coming into that fairytale form that is spoke about every year, the form that one team gets when they make the premier league.... Of course this means everyone is happy! But this is NSC, and generally that's not really allowed, so what better time to bounce a thread and be utter cocks to other people and make them feel small?

NSC does some great things, but the underlying nastiness really does need to do one.

Disagree completely. The underlying nastiness is this thread. Hemed had a great start and went on a poor run but never deserved the abuse he got on here. NSC needs debate but I've always felt that the threads absolutely slating a specific player is one of the bad things about it. Sensible analysis of a player's performance is fine but this wasn't and it just allowed a load of people to abuse our top scorer in the middle of a bad run, when fans should actually stick by their players and support them to improve. As it is, the OP (and others) have been proven spectacularly wrong so deserve this thread to bounce. Many were smugly bouncing threads last year to say how they knew we'd have a bad season. I bet you didn't complain about that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The thing that puzzles me is, he is the 4th highest goal scorer in the league yet very few of our own fans would even have mentioned him as a candidate for player of the season.

He has done a terrific job for us particularly in 2016

Agree that he has done a terrific job. In my opinion, Stockdale, Bruno and Kayal are top three but Hemed would be fourth or fifth. For all the moans, 16 goals in his first season in English football is a great return. And he cost £1 million, so significantly less than the three above him (Hernandez, McCormack and Gray).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Disagree completely. The underlying nastiness is this thread. Hemed had a great start and went on a poor run but never deserved the abuse he got on here. NSC needs debate but I've always felt that the threads absolutely slating a specific player is one of the bad things about it. Sensible analysis of a player's performance is fine but this wasn't and it just allowed a load of people to abuse our top scorer in the middle of a bad run, when fans should actually stick by their players and support them to improve. As it is, the OP (and others) have been proven spectacularly wrong so deserve this thread to bounce. Many were smugly bouncing threads last year to say how they knew we'd have a bad season. I bet you didn't complain about that.

The problem is we have too many supporters who only consider 20+ goals a season to be the evidence that a striker is quality. Every year if we have a striker who starts regularly but isn't on track to reach this target we get the moaners.

However on that basis there are only ever 4 or 5 championship standard strikers each season out of the 100 or so players who are strikers in the championship.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The problem is we have too many supporters who only consider 20+ goals a season to be the evidence that a striker is quality. Every year if we have a striker who starts regularly but isn't on track to reach this target we get the moaners.

However on that basis there are only ever 4 or 5 championship standard strikers each season out of the 100 or so players who are strikers in the championship.

Completely. Ironically, Hemed could even be that 20+ goal striker although he'd have to have a great finish to the season. We've not had a 20 goal striker since we've been back in the Championship
and they tend to cost a lot of money e.g. Hernandez, Gray and McCormack (the only players who have scored more) cost at least £6 million. Hemed cost £1 million, which is an amazing bargain.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Agree that he has done a terrific job. In my opinion, Stockdale, Bruno and Kayal are top three but Hemed would be fourth or fifth. For all the moans, 16 goals in his first season in English football is a great return. And he cost £1 million, so significantly less than the three above him (Hernandez, McCormack and Gray).

We have a striker who is 4th in the league goal scoring chart and 95 % of our fans wouldn't rate him in their top 3 players of the season. It shows what a great season it has been and a superb squad we have that 3 others have had the recognition ahead of him.

Fans often see the same game differently and a full season for Lualua, Knockaert or Goldon could have ment Hemed be out side of many fans top 5. We really have been privileged to some amazing football this season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've just won, and 5-0 at that! We're flying up the table and coming into that fairytale form that is spoke about every year, the form that one team gets when they make the premier league.... Of course this means everyone is happy! But this is NSC, and generally that's not really allowed, so what better time to bounce a thread and be utter cocks to other people and make them feel small?

NSC does some great things, but the underlying nastiness really does need to do one.
I disagree. The problem here is a so called fan starting a thread slagging off one of our players who didn't deserve it. So when that fan is shown to be an idiot, I'm going post about it. If NSC members don't want to be made to feel small (your words), then don't start ****inf stupid threads slagging off our team!

And I'm not talking about a bit of criticism of a player, that I could let slide.

He does indeed look like a Championship striker now
Wow, you should write to him, he'll be thrilled.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I disagree. The problem here is a so called fan starting a thread slagging off one of our players who didn't deserve it. So when that fan is shown to be an idiot, I'm going post about it. If NSC members don't want to be made to feel small (your words), then don't start ****inf stupid threads slagging off our team!

And I'm not talking about a bit of criticism of a player, that I could let slide.

I'll get on it. He deserves it for his recent upturn in form.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's a bit tiresome bouncing threads like this. Do it once or twice, fair enough, but otherwise we are stifling debate. And at the time this was posted, Hemed was out there for debate. I think the fact that NOBODY in the ground groans when his name is read out pretty much sums up the mood surrounding him now. He's recognised by everybody as a crucial cog in the machine. Time to let this one go.

Have to echo these sentiments, it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion on a football discussion forum. Instead of provoking discussion it descends into bouncing threads and trying to one up fellow BHA fans. All a bit unnecessary imho.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
He also must have hit the woodwork more times than any other player in the Championship - I can think of about 8 off the top of my head...fine margins and he has been unlucky at times, especially during his bad run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Have to echo these sentiments, it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion on a football discussion forum. Instead of provoking discussion it descends into bouncing threads and trying to one up fellow BHA fans. All a bit unnecessary imho.

But that is the point. There's provoking discussion and absolutely slating a player who, even then, was our top scorer. This was quite clearly the latter. I don't understand how people can't see the difference.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We have a striker who is 4th in the league goal scoring chart and 95 % of our fans wouldn't rate him in their top 3 players of the season. It shows what a great season it has been and a superb squad we have that 3 others have had the recognition ahead of him.

Fans often see the same game differently and a full season for Lualua, Knockaert or Goldon could have ment Hemed be out side of many fans top 5. We really have been privileged to some amazing football this season

It's been an amazing season. There are others too. March was on superb form before his injury. Bong and Rosenior were both great before injuries and Rosenior has been brilliant since coming back. Dunk, despite a poor run mid season, has been brilliant with Goldson since mid January.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Which reiterates what a lot of us said, when he had his dry spell. Give him the service and he will score.

Which also reiterates what a lot of us said. When he isn't scoring, he isn't adding a lot to the team, and he relies too heavily on those around him to make him look good.

Last night was a perfect example. He got a hat trick, but in terms of what he had to do for those goals, it was minimal really, and most of our excellent attacking play came from the other forward players. BUT, he's in a rich vein of form and he is scoring goals at the moment and he took advantage of his teammates' excellent attacking play last night. He's past his phase of 1 goal in 19 (hopefully for good) and everyone is recognising his upturn.

I'm going to personally enjoy it whilst it's going well for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not really. I didn't agree with it at the time, but the opening post was well reasoned and articulate. It wasn't "Hemed is sht, fck off to Palace" etc.

What you appear to be saying is "don't criticise our players on here or we will take the piss out of you in six months time when what you're saying can be taken out of context".

By the way, I'm saying this as a long time fan of Hemed. I just welcome differing opinions as long as they are reasonably articulated.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
But that is the point. There's provoking discussion and absolutely slating a player who, even then, was our top scorer. This was quite clearly the latter. I don't understand how people can't see the difference.

All depends on how you interpret it, football is a sport that provokes emotions, during our bad run it was incredibly frustrating. I just can't honestly see the point revisiting it, tedious to me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hemed is League One level at best.

I've said before that I'm perplexed about what his qualities as a footballer are, and I must confess that after tonight's performance, I'm still perplexed. He is a non-entity of a footballer.

And for those thinking his hold up play/ ability in the air is good, they've clearly not been at the AMEX the last 10 games. His performance tonight was a genuine 1 out of 10 and I'm not quite sure how much worse it has to get for him to be dropped.

Def not good enough. So many opposition front men give our defenders a hard time with there strength,skill and speed. eg Gray, Bristol City forward and Murphy last night. Although good to see some skill last night when goal disallowed he does nothing. I nearly think when Zamora not on Ogrady would be better.

Does not score enough , but creates very little , not many assists either , finding it very hard for him to justify his place in the team

I never rated Hemmed. He is League 1 standard at best.

Finally read this thruogh. :bowdown:
That Greg bloke really knows his onions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here