Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Needs a bit of magic to make people take notice. And to frighten the opposition. The same applies to Baldock.

I have hear a few opposing fans that said they would like him in their team, even one struggling PL club's fans. Not heard that about other Albion players.

Most mentioned Albion players are Bruno (amazed), Lualua (pace), Zamora (reputation), Dunk (mostly critical), Wilson (Man U), Hemed (from teams without a goalscorer of their own)

And generally:

1) can't see Brighton lasting the distance (except Derby some think we are the real deal)
2) not got the danger up front as they used to have (after the loss of Vicente, Ulloa, Buckley, Barnes)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Watched a bit of 'Allo 'Allo while getting ready this morning" - f****** h***! - just what were you getting ready for?????
Have I said too much?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As many on here will know, I am a keen follower of Spanish football and hence I was very pleased when we signed Tomer - he's not particularly flashy but he is a solid goalscorer given the right service. I'm glad he's done well for us, but at the same time he hasn't always impressed and so I can easily see why some people doubted him.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I recall having a bit of a pre-season ding-dong with [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] about Hemed. 13 beautiful strikes later I'd like to say "Na-nana-naa-nah!!" never doubted the bloke! :albion2:

Edit: Just seen others beat me to it, sorry THPP!

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Unless we never shared that opinion.....

*cough* *cough*
All I'll add to this is that, since day 1, any time the ball is hit into the box, I don't fancy Hemed to be the player to get on the end of it. Be that in the air or on the floor.

For me, that's quite worrying for a striker. The frustrating thing is he was making some lovely runs and being found.....but then out-muscled or out-paced.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
*cough* *cough*

:lolol: I never said I didn't share that opinion.

I'll admit I didn't think he was strong enough to be playing the role we appeared to be expecting from him.

So happy he has found form and looks a completely different animal up top now. Just that much sharper.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:lolol: I never said I didn't share that opinion.

I'll admit I didn't think he was strong enough to be playing the role we appeared to be expecting from him.

So happy he has found form and looks a completely different animal up top now. Just that much sharper.

Yep, some decent delivery has helped a lot. We should, with our options on the wings, be getting cross after cross after cross into him.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I admit I didn't have a high opinion of him as I don't with Baldock either
but fair play to Tomer well done son glad to have been proved wrong .
I will stick with my opinion of Baldock though.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yeah, but apart from all the goals, hold up play and defending at set pieces. .... oh and grafting every minute he's on the pitch ....... what does he actually do?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I will admit because I'm man enough to unlike a lot on here, I was very wrong about Hemed
but I had my reasons which at the time were well reasoned.
Apologies Tomer son and well done !!!
I prostrate my worthless carcass at your feet.
Fantastic

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
This was a very look at me everyone I was right bounced thread those wasn't it
Very poor and big headed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Will admit I was very wrong aboutt Hemed and he has been superb in the last couple of months, and fair play to the people who argued with me at the time, however I find it a bit rich that many people who agreed with me have now changed their tune, won't accept criticism from them or those who were championing CMS as our saviour not so long ago.

Anbyway instead of bouncing 3 month old threads how about enjoying our biggest win of the season in our auto promotion push with a couple of beers UTA xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here