Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok. So If Zamora's chance wasn't one he definitely should have scored (as your "No" suggests), I stand by my comment that it was a half chance that he turned into a good effort on his wrong foot.

Not really sure why you argued that.
The implication being every decent chance should be a goal.
Those being the levels of expectation that then lead players who are clearly 'good enough' deemed to be sub standard Leon Best's.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The implication being every decent chance should be a goal..

Nope.I've not implicated anything.

I think Zamora's chance was a half one which I did well to almost score from. I don't think Hemed, if presented with the same chance, would have done anywhere near as well.

I think you've read far more into my statement that was actually there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The implication being every decent chance should be a goal.
Those being the levels of expectation that then lead players who are clearly 'good enough' deemed to be sub standard Leon Best's.

Come on, his finishing has been pretty shit over the last couple of months and his movement into space, cumbersome. Good strikers not only take chances, they also occasionally make them. I have only seen Hemed over the last couple of months and he has shown pretty well nothing. It may have been different earlier in the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope.I've not implicated anything.

I think Zamora's chance was a half one which I did well to almost score from. I don't think Hemed, if presented with the same chance, would have done anywhere near as well.

I think you've read far more into my statement that was actually there.
That's the point I was making, you clearly are implying Hemed boo Zamora yay.

The team, all game, created one half chance.
That fell to Bobby and he had a cracking effort.

Come on, his finishing has been pretty shit over the last couple of months and his movement into space, cumbersome. Good strikers not only take chances, they also occasionally make them. I have only seen Hemed over the last couple of months and he has shown pretty well nothing. It may have been different earlier in the season.

Clearly the fella 'can't buy a goal', what with his disallowed effort, hitting posts, crossbars etc.

But he was clearly a considerably better player with Baldock & Kaz.
If he'd 'missed' a whole load of half chances similar to Bobby's effort last night then I'm with you guys.

I think there's something in your comment about creating chances and well as being presented them.
Maybe that's confidence or maybe that's not his thing and has stopped him from becoming more than a second division striker.

But for all his faults, real or otherwise, Tomer is nowhere near as bad as being made out.
It's just a shame he might not be as good as we all hoped.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's the point I was making, you clearly are implying Hemed boo Zamora yay.

The team, all game, created one half chance.
That fell to Bobby and he had a cracking effort.

Clearly the fella 'can't buy a goal', what with his disallowed effort, hitting posts, crossbars etc.

But he was clearly a considerably better player with Baldock & Kaz.
If he'd 'missed' a whole load of half chances similar to Bobby's effort last night then I'm with you guys.

I think there's something in your comment about creating chances and well as being presented them.
Maybe that's confidence or maybe that's not his thing and has stopped him from becoming more than a second division striker.

But for all his faults, real or otherwise, Tomer is nowhere near as bad as being made out.
It's just a shame he might not be as good as we all hoped.

I think Zamora is better than Hemed.

Not quite "boo Hemed" is it? I also think Kayal is better than Stephens.....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure why people are getting frothed up here. We all know we need a main striker, we've been on about it for ages on here, see 200+ page Calamari thread. We are weak in many many areas in recent weeks / months and an upfront is one. Needs sorting and will be, might even help Hemed. In the meantime we roll with what we have

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Murrays first season in the Championship was shocking. He was 28 years old and the highest standard he'd played was League 1.
Palace fans wanted rid of him.
Next season he scored the goals that took them to the Premier League.

Hemed has already scored the same amount of goals as Murray had in his first Championship season. He's done that in half the number of games.

He's 28 years old and the highest standard he's played is La Liga.

I think maybe we should give him a chance.

This. Jamie Vady scored 4 goals in 26 League appearances for Leicester in 12/13, 16 from 37 in 13/14, 5 from 34 last season and 15 from 16 so far this. Credit to Pearson for sticking with him, and good job CH manages Albion rather than many of the posters on this thread. Strikers more than other players seem to have runs of form.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
This. Jamie Vady scored 4 goals in 26 League appearances for Leicester in 12/13, 16 from 37 in 13/14, 5 from 34 last season and 15 from 16 so far this. Credit to Pearson for sticking with him, and good job CH manages Albion rather than many of the posters on this thread. Strikers more than other players seem to have runs of form.
I checked these stats yesterday when there was a rumour of Vardy to Real Madrid.

My take was that Vardy is going through a purple patch at the moment, but generally he is a 1 goal from 4 or 5 games striker.

For Leicester 's and possibly England's sake, I hope not.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Hemed is plenty good enough the stats support this, NSC needs to get off his back it feels like he is becoming the new Barnes

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hemed is plenty good enough the stats support this, NSC needs to get off his back it feels like he is becoming the new Barnes
I couldn't take another Barnes for God's sake, once was bad enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't take another Barnes for God's sake, once was bad enough.
I'm probably the only NSC'er on the fence when it came to Barnes, and looking at him in isolation.

But when you look at him in the context of Albion strikers 2010 - present day, fook me the guy was almost Messi Namar and Suarez rolled into one.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
* Often left isolated with no supporting players near him (upto 40 yards away, defending too deep and with too many back, probably due to our injury list meaning we only have less counter attacking options and have to be more solid and harder to break down so more defensive like under Poyet and the 2nd half of last season)
* left to chase balls when he is already 2nd favourite, (aimless long distance passes into the flanks when he is the only player in their half and starting near the centre of the pitch)
* next to no chances created by teammates for him to try to score from (lack of supply)

But he was responsible for 2 of our better chances tonight (Murphy's disallowed goal was created by Hemed's attacking play, and then Stephens weak shot when well placed which was also set up by Hemed)

I can't believe how fickle our fans are proving to be, 4th after last seasons showing, unbeaten for 21 games and have only lost 2 all season and now they start to turn on our players, the ones that have got us into such a good position #together

Spot on. I can't believe how quickly some fans turn on players a good example being the ironic cheers aimed at Dunk. Hemed works hard and created 2 good chances against Ipswich. The side works hard for each other and deserves better support through a small lean spell then they are getting.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would hemed have scored the chance gifted by dunk? We all know the answer not good enough for me.

The Ipswich player didn't score it, either. He hit the post, and I (and others) am/are not convinced it would have gone in if it didn't unfortunately hit Goldson as he tried to slide in and clear/block it.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Hemed cleared 3 of Ipswiches corners, 3 good headers... Shame it's not 3 good headers in their box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. I can't believe how quickly some fans turn on players a good example being the ironic cheers aimed at Dunk. Hemed works hard and created 2 good chances against Ipswich. The side works hard for each other and deserves better support through a small lean spell then they are getting.

Expressing concerns on NSC that he is not proving good enough is a million miles from "turning" on him. I think that he has been cut plenty of slack on the pitch by the fans given his appallling goal scoring feats over the last couple of months. Just like CMS was.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Expressing concerns on NSC that he is not proving good enough is a million miles from "turning" on him. I think that he has been cut plenty of slack on the pitch by the fans given his appallling goal scoring feats over the last couple of months. Just like CMS was.

Wasn't just talking about nsc. That is a small percentage of a Albion fans. At the ground It doesn't take much to turn the crowd, and there is always a scapegoat as demonstrated by the treatment of Barnes,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here