Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help required Falmer Question

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Can anyone enlighten me, is there going to be another tier on the east stand? I have tried to find a picture of west looking east but am unable to find one.

Many Thanks:falmer:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not officially.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
only when we get into the Prem apparently.???

One tier to start off with...

attachment.php

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting that on the drawing it is even labelled lower tier!

It seems the stadium is designed for expansion, but I would guess that any additional seats would depend on two factors - on-pitch success and a successful travel plan. If people don't follow the travel plan, park all over the place and are generally a pain for the locals (including the students), I recon the club would find it harder to get permission for extra capacity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't forget that the East Stand is designed to include a whole lot of space for education facilities.

which explains the "City College" markings above.... but who commissioned the space for plant ??? i know we're suppose to be green but do we need a green house or indoor plant house? :blush:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
wouldn't it make more sense to build the concrete terracing on the second tier without instaling seats like what they have done at stadiummk? It would surely be more costly to build with the roof in place at a later date. Natterjack?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
wouldn't it make more sense to build the concrete terracing on the second tier without instaling seats like what they have done at stadiummk? It would surely be more costly to build with the roof in place at a later date. Natterjack?

Let's face it...we're not going to need them seats for a VERY long time anyway.. so it might aswell look like it's finished in the meantime

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I took it Falmer was going to be all-seating wasn't it? But with the more relaxed feeling about standing terraces, couldn't this be looked at again?
Griffin Park is a perfect case of limited standing still provided.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

MK already have planning permission for those seats, we only have permission for 22,000. As has been said, I'd guess that any expansion will depend on the travel plan working properly, you can bet your arse that our neighbours in the village will object at any hint of expansion weather the stadium has affected them or not.

In any case, we won't fill the ground unlees we're in the prem, lets try and do that first

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Don't forget that the East Stand is designed to include a whole lot of space for education facilities.

Should that not be 'was' designed to include education facilities? I was under the impression these plans were dead in the water and the club was seeking new tenants? I would like to see the space become a two storey bar that could be used as a fans bar and student union bar during the week. Does anyone know if there are new prospective tenants?

Not really. All the steelwork and the infrastucture behind the stand is already in place. Obviously, I would be easier to do it now, but don't forget the trouble you've had in getting the project this far.

As it stands, your getting a Premiership class stadium without worrying about extra tiers for the moment.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Not really. All the steelwork and the infrastucture behind the stand is already in place. Obviously, I would be easier to do it now, but don't forget the trouble you've had in getting the project this far.

As it stands, your getting a Premiership class stadium without worrying about extra tiers for the moment.

Our's is gonna be bigger then yours :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here