Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help required Falmer Question

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
As it stands, your getting a Premiership class stadium without worrying about extra tiers for the moment.

When you look at stadiums like shrewsbury and colchesters you realise how lucky both our clubs are having first class and individual stadiums! I wonder if swansea would have enjoyed the success they have had they built a boring shoebox design like the above mentioned.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Interesting that on the drawing it is even labelled lower tier!

Aha! I think you may have spotted their give away mistake!

The area marked "plant" would be the obvious place for the concourse serving any future second tier to go. Also, why is the left edge of the first floor ceiling at an angle if not to support more seating?

My feeling is the club have shrewdly asked for the architects to design the east stand to allow for a small upper tier of seating to be added without the costly need to rebuild the roof, but are very reluctant to admit it for fear of negative publicity. But then I'm no architect so it may well be wishful thinking on my part.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
By my reckonong a second tier would accommodate 10 rows of seats, which would mean an exta 2,500ish bring capacity up to 25,000. Fill in the corners and you've got a 30,000 plus capacity.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As it stands, your getting a Premiership class stadium without worrying about extra tiers for the moment.

that quote has just put the BIGGEST grin on my face and the HARDEST cock ive had for months....BRILLIANT! :clap2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My feeling is the club have shrewdly asked for the architects to design the east stand to allow for a small upper tier of seating to be added without the costly need to rebuild the roof, but are very reluctant to admit it for fear of negative publicity. But then I'm no architect so it may well be wishful thinking on my part.

It would be foolish to design such a structure without the ability to expand in the future. :smokin:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Ive asked this before, but due to the onset of early Alzheimers, I'll ask it again.

The opening day capacity is 22,370, so if we added another tier on the east stand, and infilled all 4 corners, what would the capacity be then ?

Ta

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The opening day capacity is 22,370, so if we added another tier on the east stand, and infilled all 4 corners, what would the capacity be then ?

Ta

Greater than 22,370.

:thumbsup:

... seriously, I don't think anything has ever been made public in that respect - I should think that the club would be a bit sensitive about upsetting the neighbours, and saying things like "we could expand to 30,000" when you don't have planning permission for it wouldn't be very diplomatic.

MK already have planning permission for those seats, we only have permission for 22,000. As has been said, I'd guess that any expansion will depend on the travel plan working properly, you can bet your arse that our neighbours in the village will object at any hint of expansion weather the stadium has affected them or not.

In any case, we won't fill the ground unlees we're in the prem, lets try and do that first

Not just any future expansion but also council permission for the current capacity will be dependant on there being a suitable travel management plan in place. If the TMP cannot cope with 22,000 then BHCC could insist on a reduced capacity.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Greater than 22,370.

... seriously, I don't think anything has ever been made public in that respect - I should think that the club would be a bit sensitive about upsetting the neighbours, and saying things like "we could expand to 30,000" when you don't have planning permission for it wouldn't be very diplomatic.

Im guessing there is a secret file in MP's desk drawer - under this week's copy of Razzle - marked 'highly confidential, for your eyes only', etc, and the secret number is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here