Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
3 degrees here currently. Oh summer, when will I see you again?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t want Hive to switch our heating on this month. I really want to get to November without having had it going.

The good news is that according to the BBC weather app, nighttime temperatures will be in double figures for the rest of the month with the exception of tomorrow and next weekend. I just need the sun out a bit today to heat the house up a touch and I might be able to see the month out, heating free.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nope, not here. Although the wife is from warmer climates so I imagine she’ll start requesting it more frequently now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
17.6 degrees here as I type.

Last night bottomed out at 18.1 degrees around 8am before the sun hit and started warming things up a bit.

The heating thermostat is set to 13 degrees which is essentially turning it off. It's going to be a chilly night, but I don't think it will get quite that low.
Hit 15.5 degrees at 8:40 this morning, peaked at 17.7 degrees just after 4pm and has just started to head down now.

I think I may well give it a quick blast - the forecast suggests we may not have too many cold days nights in October after tonight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
First time kicked in this autumn in the last half hour

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I tried my heating out for the first time a few days ago, and it didn't come on. We had hot water but no heat.
A call to Br Gas got an engineer to come round first thing the following morning. Turned out it was a sticky valve (the one that switches between HW and heat).
He also freed the thermostatic radiator valves in two radiators which haven't worked since last winter, so I now know how to do that (unscrew the valve and knock the pin a few times with a back of a wrench).

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I have to admit it’s chilly this eve but still in shorts and a hoodie, thermostat at 19. We go on 💪🏻

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Turned on this afternoon for the first time since May. A final fling for the old boiler, which is being replaced on Tuesday.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Heating still off, but I lit a fire this afternoon so main room is nice.

I got low temp warning in the motor about half an hour ago..

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
No heating, but the dressing gown is on. I’ve missed it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nope, not here. Although the wife is from warmer climates so I imagine she’ll start requesting it more frequently now.
If she’s like my wife, she’ll moan about being cold but not actually do anything about it - like turning the thermostat up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here