Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned/worn another nation's football shirt (or similar)

Have you or do you wear a shirt or t-shirt of another nation's football team?

• Yes I have/do/would

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • No I haven't/don't/wouldn't

Votes: 51 32.7%

• Total voters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've a Dutch and Italian shirt here of varying ages - Dutch is the previous and the Italian is probably ten years out now. Wore a borrowed Poland jersey to a party once, can't quite remember why now though but there's photos to show it happened. I go to Holland quite a lot, for music events; and I've generally had Italian cars, that's about the only reasons I can give.

The only other countries I can claim any lineage/legitimacy to are Scotland and the US and I wouldn't wear either realistically even if the new US away is fairly nice.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
As well as my aforementioned french rugby t shirt I did two world cups back own a bright orange dutch t-shirt bearing the slogan Hup Holland Hup! Which I believe means "Go, Holland, Go!" It was very tight and the way it showed my nipples off at work was the talk of the water cooler I was told.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
No but I do have an Inter Milan and a Barca shirt. Both were bought when I visited the respective stadiums on holiday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ive just re read "Mein Kampf". There's no mention of him getting confused over a French rugby top. It must be someone else you're thinking of.

You need to read between the lines. For example there is no mention of gassing Jews in the minutes of the Wannsee Conference.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I would wear smaller teams shirt like smaller foreign clubs not the main ones like Barca, Madrid, Bayern. I'd wear a Hanover shirt or a Chile shirt.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I've had a Brazilian and a French shirt, my mum was on holiday in France and asked me if I wanted a French shirt as it was cheap, I was expecting a PSG or random French team shirt but ended up with a national team shirt. Brazilian one I got for 98 World Cup as fell in love with brazil in 94 World Cup

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah. Had a Holland one back in the late 1990s I think. Was a Nike one with black trim. I just really liked the shirt.

1998 Mexico.jpg

This is still one of my favourites that I still wear for kick-abouts. France '98

boik

My only proper football kit shirt is a 1974 Dutch one, proudly bearing the number 14. He was my hero as a kid. Turned a nation who used to be excited to beat the likes of Wales into world cup finalists.

My Seagulls shirts are all of the T-shirt variety.

I have one of the Portugal t-shirts that were handed out free to all fans attending a World Cup qualifying game in Lisbon in 2008. Does that count?

It was a hilarious game. Denmark scored twice in the last few minutes, to beat Portugal 3-2.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I have a t shirt by Brazilian metal band Sepultura . It looks exactly like a Brazil shirt . The band's name occupies the spot where the players name would go and there is a number 10 on the back. The only difference is the badge. Their logo , not Brazil's.
I did wear it to work when Scotland played Brazil during France '98 and was sent home under the no football shirts at work rule . I think I upset one of the sweaty managers at Amex that day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't got a national shirt but I do have an Olympiakos shirt from their club shop. My late friend was the chaplain to the team, & got a discount for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here