Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned/worn another nation's football shirt (or similar)

Have you or do you wear a shirt or t-shirt of another nation's football team?

• Yes I have/do/would

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • No I haven't/don't/wouldn't

Votes: 51 32.7%

• Total voters

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I had a Vietnamese national shirt which I loved - some arse nicked in whilst in Amsterdam on the way back from the World Cup in 2006.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If I did have kids I wouldn't buy them foreign teams shirts other than if they expressed an interest in them. I know lots of people who weren't really into football until watching Brazil and the likes in the world cup and if it got them into football then I can see the point. Same as kids over here wearing Barca shirts. Personally I own a french rugby long sleeve t-shirt in the style of their strip and I really like it. My mum bought it for me. She lives out there and loves rugby. I personally couldn't give a toss about rugby and consequently I like the shirt for being a shirt, not what it represents. but people I know have questioned me about it. I can see why they question me, but I can't understand those who don't understand my answer. Mind you I guess that's how Hitler started.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
people I know have questioned me about it. I can see why they question me, but I can't understand those who don't understand my answer. Mind you I guess that's how Hitler started.

I always thought it was largely a reaction to the draconian measures imposed on the Germans by the Versailles Treaty but I guess it could have been Adolf's frustration at people wandering around Vienna in French rugby tops.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Really liked the Angola shirt from 2006 World Cup, so went and purchased it. Still use it to play football in

angola_football_shirt.jpg

Netherlands during Euro 2008. Obviously England weren't playing and after the first few games I jumped on the orange bandwagon. Was a pretty decent shirt mind you, and wore it a fair bit after England got knocked out in SA. Was virtually the only person supporting them in the final at the pub I was in that evening. Got ruined in the wash a few years ago so had to throw it away :down: Own a fair few foreign club shirts but haven't gone out and bought another international ones at this time.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If I did have kids I wouldn't buy them foreign teams shirts other than if they expressed an interest in them. I know lots of people who weren't really into football until watching Brazil and the likes in the world cup and if it got them into football then I can see the point. Same as kids over here wearing Barca shirts. Personally I own a french rugby long sleeve t-shirt in the style of their strip and I really like it. My mum bought it for me. She lives out there and loves rugby. I personally couldn't give a toss about rugby and consequently I like the shirt for being a shirt, not what it represents. but people I know have questioned me about it. I can see why they question me, but I can't understand those who don't understand my answer. Mind you I guess that's how Hitler started.

Ive just re read "Mein Kampf". There's no mention of him getting confused over a French rugby top. It must be someone else you're thinking of.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I picked up a couple of dodgy Nigerian shirts from Yabba market in Lagos, as couldn't find any 'official' ones. Sister-in-law also sent me an official Nigerian shirt as well. I've worn all three over the years.

Never worn or owned any other nations shirt, bar a 70's admiral England full kit when I was too young to be a wanker :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've got bunch of shirts from teams/nations around the world that I only wear when playing football

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've got a Jamaica shirt from their 1998 World Cup appearance. Not sure what inspired me to buy it at the time but I obviously thought it was fun, and they're such a small side on the global scheme of things that it seemed harmless enough. 16 years on and we've not seen them at a World Cup since.

I don't think I could bring myself to wear a shirt of a big successful nation who are genuine rivals to the nation of my birth, such as Brazil, Italy or even Holland. Mind you, I've always loved the Croatia shirt and we're kidding ourselves if we don't think they're a rival. Bloody good team Croatia, which is almost a shame, because it's one sexy shirt they wear

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes. I own and have worn a Thai national shirt.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I would - I really like Japan's shirt for this WC and would buy and wear it. It's way too expensive for me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here