Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Me and Mrs Scooter were in the audience of Deal or No Deal a few years back. They film 4 shows a day, and we were in the afternoon slots. They film a show which takes about 2 hours, then you get a break, moved around and they film another. We used to watch it quite regularly, hence our decision to take up the offer of going down to the studio. It was so tedious, I've not seen a single episode since

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'll see your rugby sevens and raise you Songs of Praise.

I got found out smoking as a 14/15 year old on Haywards Heath station as Songs of Praise decided to interview someone for the show on his daily commute to London.

Was this in about 1977/78?

I am afraid to admit that I featured in that edition of Songs of Praise as an 11 year old choirboy. Needless to say, the amount of stick I got at school about it was shocking! All I have to say in my defence is that my parents were both rather religious and I was only 11, so did not really have much choice. Thankfully, the episode does not appear to be on YouTube!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was this in about 1977/78?

I am afraid to admit that I featured in that edition of Songs of Praise as an 11 year old choirboy. Needless to say, the amount of stick I got at school about it was shocking! All I have to say in my defence is that my parents were both rather religious and I was only 11, so did not really have much choice. Thankfully, the episode does not appear to be on YouTube!

March '79 according to a quick google search.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to attend a school for the disabled/learning difficulties and we were often taken for the filming of shows as a treat. I think we saw Sooty, Funhouse, The Movie Quiz, Eggs n Baker, Going Live, Rent a ghost and some other long forgotten ones. As an adult I've been interviewed on a few subjects on telly but nothing memorable.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In the early days of Big Brother, I got tickets for an eviction as my girlfriend was a big fan. (Honest!) You park in the Tesco car par next to the compound and queue up along a massive security fence. All banners/posters were scrutinised but I smuggled in an A4 piece of paper with We Want Falmer on it. Stood for 2 hours in an overgrown back lot next to a warehouse that turned out to be the "house". Then Davina came out and explained it was a fake eviction. So not only would we not see anyone come out but when Davina did her bits to camera, they turned off her mic so it only went out on telly to ensure the housemates wouldn't catch on. So we waited for 4 hours to watch a mute Davina McCall miming to camera. And I was nowhere near a camera so forgot about the "poster". Carphone Warehouse staff turned up with fluorescent yellow cable ties on their wrists and were ushered to the front leaving us plebs at the back.

Luckily, she isn't in to it as much these days as I ain't doing that again.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've been winding up my mates for years that I was an extra in Mona Lisa, standing behind Bob Hoskins on the Palace Pier, eating an ice-cream.
Even my mum is convinced it's true, bless her!

Other than that, my genuine appearances on screen have all been Albion related!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Me and Mrs Scooter were in the audience of Deal or No Deal a few years back. They film 4 shows a day, and we were in the afternoon slots. They film a show which takes about 2 hours, then you get a break, moved around and they film another. We used to watch it quite regularly, hence our decision to take up the offer of going down to the studio. It was so tedious, I've not seen a single episode since

I remember hearing from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who was on the show that they keep all the contestants together in a hotel during and subject them to continuous positive thinking classes/workshops.

Hence them all being brainwashed MORONS who hold hands and "believe it's their destiny" when they are.

With uber-enthusiast Noel leading the parade it's no wonder some of them lose sight of reality when they have an offer of THIRTY THOUSAND POUNDS in front of them and they still gamble. Madness!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

No.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I remember hearing from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who was on the show that they keep all the contestants together in a hotel during and subject them to continuous positive thinking classes/workshops.

Hence them all being brainwashed MORONS who hold hands and "believe it's their destiny" when they are.

With uber-enthusiast Noel leading the parade it's no wonder some of them lose sight of reality when they have an offer of THIRTY THOUSAND POUNDS in front of them and they still gamble. Madness!

That show seems to have some sort of weird faux-religious sect atmosphere about it. That theme seems to continue on Noel Edmonds website...it's only a show about randomly opening boxes, ffs.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I wrote to Jimmy'll Fix It when i was much younger asking to meet Delia Smith to learn some tips about jam making. I ended up in the studio audience, didn't get to meet Delia sadly but i did help milk a cow whilst blindfolded in jimmys dressing room after the show.

Regards

DR

I despise your brexit comments but that blind folded milking a cow comment made me lol :thumbsup:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I wrote to Jimmy'll Fix It when i was much younger asking to meet Delia Smith to learn some tips about jam making. I ended up in the studio audience, didn't get to meet Delia sadly but i did help milk a cow whilst blindfolded in jimmys dressing room after the show.

Regards

DR

If you were blindfolded how do you know it was a cow you were milking?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Me too mate. Liked the show for a few good months. Got tickets for an afternoon's filming. Never watched another show since

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
My Dad was on who wants to be a millionaire back in 2000(a guess), but he finished 2nd or 3rd on the fastest finger first bit...

I've never been on tv. :/.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm in one of those 1980s TV documentaries about football hooliganism. I was at Uni with a massive Millwall fan and sometimes went to games with him. I'd like to say that the footage shows me at the front windmilling against Luton's top boys but the truth is that it's just me looking a bit gormless as me and my mate come off a tube train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here