Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have women every invented anything of use?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
She did'nt invent Radium she just figured out a use for it and killed herself in the process.

It's like me "inventing" latex by collecting some rubber tree sap and then drowning in it.

But before you drowned, you wrote a lot of notes suggesting uses for latex. Tyres, for the new fangled transport, birth control. rubber bands for postmen and
latex gloves, so your hands stayed clean but you got an allergic reaction instead.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I would not have a clue how to do it. I can't even post pictures yet. It took me 6 months to work out how to personalise my avatar with a photo.

This is a guy selling mortgages which involves people making probably the larger purchase of their lives ???

The clue is in the name, "edit" look for a "edit button" :wozza:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The question was what have they invented, not how much damage have they caused. (Ten pages, huge binfest.) :lolol:
There was a man involved with Polonium, hers was more Radium, ever had an Xray?

I believe the man involved was her husband.

Anyway, she invented NOTHING. She discovered radioactive material, but believed it to be safe. There was even a Polonium Company that sold the stuff in bottles for you to drink the stuff, believing it to have "healing properties".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would not have a clue how to do it. I can't even post pictures yet. It took me 6 months to work out how to personalise my avatar with a photo.

For a short time after posting your message there is an edit button in the bottom right corner (next to the quote button). It is labelled with the word 'edit' and not some curious icon.

It will either take you to a page, like when you click on 'reply' or 'quote', and allows you to edit the text. Then click save changes'.

Or, it simply turns your post into a window like the one you write full replies in, without leaving the thread. Again, make your changes and click 'save changes'.

(My firefox at home opens the post in the thread, my aol at work opens a new page)

Simples.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a guy selling mortgages which involves people making probably the larger purchase of their lives ???

The clue is in the name, "edit" look for a "edit button" :wozza:

It was tongue in cheek and not being particularly compuer brilliant means I am unfit to advise on mortgages does it ?. Why the spiteful shit about my career and profession ?.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It was tongue in cheek and not being particularly compuer brilliant means I am unfit to advise on mortgages does it ?. Why the spiteful shit about my career and profession ?.

It wasn't spiteful US, its not in my nature, it was a attempted tongue in cheek humour at the fact you are obviously an intelligent person, as you would need to be to understand the complexities of selling mortgages, but could not see (as in small print) the "edit button",
Sorry if it caused offense.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I believe the man involved was her husband.

Anyway, she invented NOTHING. She discovered radioactive material, but believed it to be safe. There was even a Polonium Company that sold the stuff in bottles for you to drink the stuff, believing it to have "healing properties".
Of course she didn't invent it, as it already existed, as all other" inventions."
So she invented a" healing" drink. Marie Curie Cancer Care Nurses are doing penance every day for any harm she may have done.
Seems strange to name a Cancer Charity after some one who had so little to do with their mission.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It wasn't spiteful US, its not in my nature, it was a attempted tongue in cheek humour at the fact you are obviously an intelligent person, as you would need to be to understand the complexities of selling mortgages, but could not see (as in small print) the "edit button",
Sorry if it caused offense.

No worries mate.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Women should be put in charge of the major Wold powers dn many companies around the World for a year. You can GUARANTEE the World will be a better place 12 months later.

If Women had been in charge we would not have had the World Wars and we would not have had the worst World recession and credit crunch of all time.

They tend to be more compassionate and cautious than their male counterparts. the only downsize is that Women just cannot seem to get on with each other espeically in a competative and powerful environment. They can be very Catty. Its an unattractive trait.

Bollocks. Or rather that's what they lack, South African hermaphrodites apart.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This is from memory so my facts may be a little off, but Rosalind Franklin was possibly one of the unsung heroes of discovering the structure of DNA.

When Crick & Watson were at Cambridge working on it, she was working on a similar vein at UCL. There was some discussion that Crick & Watson had their major breakthough in the double-helix structure just after they had visited with Ms Franklin and seen some of her work on X-Ray defraction on the molecules.

They got a Nobel prize, she rarely gets mentioned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is from memory so my facts may be a little off, but Rosalind Franklin was possibly one of the unsung heroes of discovering the structure of DNA.

When Crick & Watson were at Cambridge working on it, she was working on a similar vein at UCL. There was some discussion that Crick & Watson had their major breakthough in the double-helix structure just after they had visited with Ms Franklin and seen some of her work on X-Ray defraction on the molecules.

They got a Nobel prize, she rarely gets mentioned.

Science is full of women doing the grunt work, while their male professors get the credit.

Try again.

Women should be put in charge of the major World powers and major companies around the World for a year. You can GUARANTEE the World will be a better place 12 months later.

If Women had been in charge we would not have had the World Wars and we would not have had the worst World recession and credit crunch of all time.

They tend to be more compassionate and cautious than their male counterparts. The only downside is that Women just cannot seem to get on with each other especially in a competative and powerful environment. They can be very Catty. Its an unattractive trait.

I refer you to Margeret Thatcher who managed to start a war quite easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here