Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have women every invented anything of use?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Science is full of women doing the grunt work, while their male professors get the credit.

Exactly. Their tea and coffee making skills should NOT be ignored. Maybe they could also knock up a tray of sandwiches as well.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I refer you to Margeret Thatcher who managed to start a war quite easily.

That had nothing to do with Argentinian MEN and MALE regime trying to invade and take over the Falkalnds then ?.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That had nothing to do with Argentinian MEN and MALE regime trying to invade and take over the Falkalnds then ?.

So essentially, any war started while a woman is in charge will be because of men and the only way you'll be proved wrong is if a war occurs when men aren't involved in anything at all (running the military, advising, posturing, antagonising, etc), which isn't going to happen any time soon.

No, but she didn't offer them tea cakes and strawberries. Elizabeth 1 was a bit of a war monger as well.
Personally, I think in most states, the women who get into the top spot have got there by being ruthless, aggressive and will portray those traits in power and may not be any better than thre male counterparts.

Unfortunately the world has not had enough women in power to test any assumption.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Margret Thatcher, Still the greatest living woman, invented Union Bashing, mass unemployment for The Miners. Well done Maggie, hats off to you. Anyone who makes life a little bit more uncomfortable for Northerners deserves to be applauded

Last edited:

margret thatcher, still the greatest living woman, invented union bashing, mass unemployment for the minors. Well done maggie, hats off to you. Anyone who makes life a little bit more uncomfortable for northerners deserves to be applauded

bloody kids never do any work. Professional students.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Nobody has mentioned JK Rowling??!!

In my house I have invented floor space! Before I moved in here, the entire floor was full of male clutter (clothes dvd's books etc) and now it has all been cleared for which I take the credit! (although I merely coordinated the removal of said clutter whilst making the tea and sandwiches lol)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In my house I have invented floor space! Before I moved in here, the entire floor was full of male clutter (clothes dvd's books etc) and now it has all been cleared for which I take the credit! (although I merely coordinated the removal of said clutter whilst making the tea and sandwiches lol)

And it broke his heart. It really did.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't believe people dissing Marie Curie - one of the very few people to be awarded two Nobel prizes

Mention of Margaret Thatcher reminds me when she was a Walls she invented a process to pump air into ice cream, thus ensuring more profits for the company.

That list of US's missed out Grace Hopper who invented COBOL, beloved by programmers everywhere and film star Hedy Lamarr who pioneered the use of spread-spectrum technology in military communications, the same technology is still used in wireless LANs today.

And one for trivia fans: it was Monkee Mike Nesmith's mother or grandmother who invented Tippex.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A very important point and you obviously didn't get it in that if a woman had been in charge in Germany in the mid 30's to 40's the 2nd world war and extinction of 6 500 000 Jews almost certainly would not have happened.

How do you know?

Boudica lead an army that killed alot of people for the time.

In the three cities destroyed, between seventy and eighty thousand people are said to have been killed. Tacitus says the Britons had no interest in taking or selling prisoners, only in slaughter by gibbet, fire, or cross. Dio's account gives more prurient detail: that the noblest women were impaled on spikes and had their breasts cut off and sewn to their mouths, "to the accompaniment of sacrifices, banquets, and wanton behaviour" in sacred places, particularly the groves of Andraste.

So there's proof a woman can be as brutal when in a position of power as any male leaders.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
and women "invented" PMT along with the week of "decorating" and the week after, thus leaving only 1 week out of 4 they are relatively normal :laugh:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Nobody has mentioned JK Rowling??!!

Yeah, JK Rowling invented books. I'll give you that one.

But you did not invent floor space. You only rediscovered it. But in doing so, you destroyed the new type of clutter that a man had invented.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Women have invented many things related to computers.

Hard Disk
She remembers everything.

RAM
She forgets about you the moment you turn her off.

Internet
She's sometimes difficult to access.

Server
She's often busy when you need her.

Of every 10 things she says, about 8 of them are usually wrong or irrelevant.

Viruses
When you are not expecting her, she arrives, installs herself and uses your resources without permission.
She looks innocent enough, but has the aim of changing some of your operating code.
If you try to uninstall her, you will usually lose something.
If you don't try to uninstall her, you will often lose everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here