Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we accepted bid for Noone?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Naylor's latest Noone Tweet :

That didn't take long! Definitely not the case that Albion have accepted a bid from Cardiff for Nooney #bhafc

Good! As I said, he won't go anyway even if the club accept a bid. He's more than happy here by all accounts.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Noone is a great player, but I think if we received much north of £1m for him it would be good business.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wouldn't want to see Nooney go however in the hypothetical situation that Buckley, KLL and Nooney are all fit who does Gus select? Buckley on present form is a cert. KLL was just coming into form before this injury so would probably warm the bench, whereas Nooney had already drifted out of form. Maybe the only other option is for Buckley to play a more central role leaving room for KLL and Nooney to fight over the wide role.

Nooney has loads of potential and if he learns to deliver a decent final ball would be the complete business. However he needs time on the pitch and I can't see him getting that if the other widemen are fit and on form. I suppose that technically Vicente is/was a wide man too but his future is more of a midfield playmaker if he ever gets fit/selected etc.

Every player has his price and although sad to see Noone go I tend to agree that anything over £1m would be handy for Gus's budget to strengthen other higher priority areas of the squad.

Finally I wouldn't want to see us becoming a 'selling club' but if this enables the income to be reinvested in a stronger squad compete in the top 6 that can then maybe that's ok.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wouldn't want to see Nooney go however in the hypothetical situation that Buckley, KLL and Nooney are all fit who does Gus select? Buckley on present form is a cert. KLL was just coming into form before this injury so would probably warm the bench, whereas Nooney had already drifted out of form. Maybe the only other option is for Buckley to play a more central role leaving room for KLL and Nooney to fight over the wide role.

One of our main strengths, and a key part of Gus' tactics, is the impact sub. He likes to have pacy fresh wingers to run at tired full-backs in the last 20 minutes. See Doncaster (H) for a perfect illustration of that. Injury has largely robbed Gus of that tactic all season, but he will need to keep a surplus of wingers to do so again,

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
It makes a change for Cardiff to want to buy somebody instead of borrowing half a squad of Premiere rejects like last season. Hope it doesn't happen though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Noone is a credit to the club and himself. He's also quality on the ball until his final delivery. BUT, Buckley is better, Lua Lua is equivalent... and it's not often Gus plays two wingers - more so if he's planning to SWOOP for another striker.

£1.5m for Noone is a no-brainer IMO

Strongly disagree. I just wouldn't sell him. Young, bright prospect, getting widely aclaimed in the press and just missed out on a Champs top 10 players thing i saw the other day (as did CMS). Also a top character in the dressing room it seems. No deal (unless it's silly money ie £5million plus ;) )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Going to Cardiff this morning for talks club has accepted a bid for £1.2 m

I can confirm 100% that Noone was at the training ground this morning if that helps! I failed to spot anyone that looked like Michael Owen.

Gaza - Best to stick to 1 post every 2 months pal as it seems you talk utter SHIT :thumbsup: Why do it?!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Twitter is full of twits. No one made a bid.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The problem with selling Noone would be that although we have better players and good backup in theory, he is seemingly the least likely of our wide players to get injured by quite a distance.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No idea if that's true or not, but the bids are hilariously tinpot if it is. £500k for Phillips is even more laughable than £400k for Noone, IMHO.

Exactly, about as realistic as us going for Owen.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Noone has been great but if we were to sell one of our wingers I would prefer it to be him over Buckley or KLL. They really can be devastating on their day and destroy teams - Noone cant.

gazza the mugger

Gazza the Cat
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
Gaza - Best to stick to 1 post every 2 months pal as it seems you talk utter SHIT :thumbsup: Why do it?!

Maybe your the one that talks utter shit ? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NOONE
was there , where you there tosser ! Fact a players father told me this morning that noonie was not at training .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
was there , where you there tosser ! Fact a players father told me this morning that noonie was not at training .

Mr Blobby was there, and saw him.

Noone himself has tweeted, that he 'had a good training session, with ball work and sprints'.

Carry on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Going to Cardiff this morning for talks club has accepted a bid for £1.2 m

I can confirm 100% that Noone was at the training ground this morning if that helps! I failed to spot anyone that looked like Michael Owen.

Mr Blobby was there, and saw him.

Noone himself has tweeted, that he 'had a good training session, with ball work and sprints'.

Carry on.

Tosser...?

Apologies fella - I believe you - he wasn't there.

But be warned, as Noel Edmonds' nephew, Mr Blobby is indeed my cousin (not many knew Blobby was Noel's son) [MENTION=3]Trigger[/MENTION] and [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] will confirm this as fact... So i'm finding it difficult to go against Blobby's word... But on this occasion I will. Blobby is winding us up....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For 1m+ I'd sell him, he really isn't that good, I like him but he doesn't have much of an end product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here