[Albion] Have they no shame?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This thread should be shown to children to teach them about making a fool of yourself on the internet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet Peter is grateful he went to the right school, has the right connections so is allowed a £9m pay packet.

Can you imagine if he was working class and had to deal with all the jealous rage.

pay.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you quote someone's post then it's best to either refute or agree with it sweetie. Otherwise you you just look silly.

You've just continued talking rubbish.

As I said originally, the best thing for everyone would be if you just shut up.

Your comments were offensive, inaccurate and totally unnecessary.

Being nice, lip it.

Show me offensive?

Show me innaccurate?

Sweetie? Am I supposed to be offended?

I will make it very simple for you, as it seems it needs to be for you to grasp the meaning of the written word. You don’t agree with me, so fxxkin’ what? :shrug:

Go be precious somewhere else.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Show me offensive?

Show me innaccurate?

Sweetie? Am I supposed to be offended?

I will make it very simple for you, as it seems it needs to be for you to grasp the meaning of the written word. You don’t agree with me, so fxxkin’ what? :shrug:

Go be precious somewhere else.
I'll leave you to be angry on your own, with everyone else who can read properly able to see what you've done here.

All you have to do is scroll up.

It's not pretty.

It would be very easy, but I'm going to refrain from absolutely embarrassing you in the spirit of being nice.

Try to do the same. It might do your soul some good. Have a nice day and stay safe.

Jx

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'll leave you to be angry on your own, with everyone else who can read properly able to see what you've done here.

All you have to do is scroll up.

It's not pretty.

It would be very easy, but I'm going to refrain from absolutely embarrassing you in the spirit of being nice.

Try to do the same. It might do your soul some good. Have a nice day and stay safe.

Jx

I’ll back off, because you sort of have. ISO is making time tough for all, you seem to be more than a little volatile. Another time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you mean Eastenders?

And my critique is not of the club about players wages, it is of the clubs rush to take public money whilst the players continue to sit back and allow this whilst watching colleagues get furloughed.

After reading your spat with LL, I went back and scrolled down from the top. You have started a very confused thread. You start off insinuating that by unilaterally not offering to have their income cut, players are shameless, then totally side-track and criticise the clubs for furloughing non playing staff (post quoted above). I don't need to read any more.

This has all been discussed to death. Many reading this thread are offended that you are insinuating that Albion players are selfish. Many are exasperated that, despite repeated explanations, you seem to be unaware that if players volunteer a salary cut the government loses masses of tax income.

This is a very misguided thread to start, completely unfair to players, pointless repetition of various previously debunked tropes, and would best be deleted.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After reading your spat with LL, I went back and scrolled down from the top. You have started a very confused thread. You start off insinuating that by unilaterally not offering to have their income cut, players are shameless, then totally side-track and criticise the clubs for furloughing non playing staff (post quoted above). I don't need to read any more.

This has all been discussed to death. Many reading this thread are offended that you are insinuating that Albion players are selfish. Many are exasperated that, despite repeated explanations, you seem to be unaware that if players volunteer a salary cut the government loses masses of tax income.

This is a very misguided thread to start, completely unfair to players, pointless repetition of various previously debunked tropes, and would best be deleted.

Please, go ignore me, as previously promised.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think they do have shame, which is why they wont do anything until the PFA tells them to. Its far more complicated than it sounds. Once players of different clubs start taking cuts, every player of every club will be expected to do it. And while that may be fine and dandy for 99% of all PL players, its not the same for i.e. Championship players. And you also have a few players that spend significant parts of their salaries to feed entire villages or support their poor home countries.

Its a difficult problem that no one has ever dealt with before.

There was a very valid point made that a cut in wages would mean less tax paid.
Let's see what they do with the voluntary contribution arranged by the premier league captains befor we condemn them.
Also would be good to see the top executives outside of football do something too as many get huge bonuses and salaries.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought the first post was so vague that it was a deliberate wind up, to see how many people missed the sarcasm - that the question of shame was ironically on the owners for declining the wage cuts and continuing to pay full wages.

Seeing the thread play out, I guess I was wrong with that...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think the figure often mentioned has been 30%, not 50%. Anyway, your analogy is inappropriate - we're not talking about a beggar sharing his last crust. I say again, if I was earning three times my annual income every week, I would definitely consider it. That's a fact.

So that is a firm maybe then.

My analogy was not a beggar sharing his last crust, it was of someone who had more than they needed, I reckon there is someone out there on half your income thinking that if they earned twice as much, they would be more giving.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So that is a firm maybe then.

My analogy was not a beggar sharing his last crust, it was of someone who had more than they needed, I reckon there is someone out there on half your income thinking that if they earned twice as much, they would be more giving.
Good luck with that. I'm an OAP...............

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good luck with that. I'm an OAP...............

:lolol: I can see why you were prepared to stick your neck out and firmly state you would definitely consider a pay cut of 30% if you had a pay rise of 50% first. Generous to a fault you are. My parents are OAP's and have a larger income than I do from final salary pensions and investments, they also have less outgoings, it is still likely there are people out there with half the disposable income you have.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It is a valid discussion point Mr Virtue Signaller. It is astonishing how those who are normally all over threads that vilify the middle classes/Tory voters/self employed etc are suddenly defending the selfishness of overpaid, underworked prima donnas. You are often the first to jump up and down.

I have not criticised TB. I am highlighting the lack of ‘together’ in players across the PL when it comes to money.

Be nice? Only when it suits you it seems.

I'm right with you on this mate.

There also seems to be inability on her to criticise players who just happen to play for the Albion.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

No it would not be best deleted.

Its a very salient and relevant argument. The fact that you happen not to agree with it does not mean it should disappear because you want it to.

And heaven forbid anyone criticising Albion players.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports