Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have they no shame?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Who tax exiles donate to is up to them. But to watch your lower paid colleagues being out out to grass on government money whilst you sit back and accept £1.5 million take home must surely make you think?

But that is not happening at Brighton.

Edit: Also Tony Bloom is probably worth multiple times the combined wealth of the playing squad. So maybe it’s the right thing for Tony Bloom to be the one covering the staff wages. The same is also true for most of the other Premier League clubs; the owners, and therefore the employers of the lower paid colleagues, are billionaires.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Shut up.

The article is basically "Tony Bloom proves that he's a total legend. Again".

But you're trying to spin it to negativity.

Just shut up. Please. This is not the time for negative trolling rubbish. Be nice.

It is a valid discussion point Mr Virtue Signaller. It is astonishing how those who are normally all over threads that vilify the middle classes/Tory voters/self employed etc are suddenly defending the selfishness of overpaid, underworked prima donnas. You are often the first to jump up and down.

I have not criticised TB. I am highlighting the lack of ‘together’ in players across the PL when it comes to money.

Be nice? Only when it suits you it seems.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It is a valid discussion point Mr Virtue Signaller. It is astonishing how those who are normally all over threads that vilify the middle classes/Tory voters/self employed etc are suddenly defending the selfishness of overpaid, underworked prima donnas. You are often the first to jump up and down.

I have not criticised TB. I am highlighting the lack of ‘together’ in players across the PL when it comes to money.

Go have a lie down. You are spouting complete drivel.

I "vilify the self employed".

You have no idea how angry that comment makes me when all I've done, for weeks, is work (for free) to try to help them.

I hope you get banned for trolling. Disgraceful. I also hope you have a word with yourself and realise what a horrible person you are coming across as.

Just stop it. And I am being nice, or I'd say what I really thought.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was telling my mate how much I valued him and told him that if I had 2 houses, I would give one of them to him, if I had 2 cars, I would give one of them to him, and then he asked "what if you had 2 bikes?" I said, "that's not fair, you know I've got 2 bikes".

It's easy to be generous with what you don't have.

That’s the sort of attitude I’d expect from a cyclist :lolol:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

But the players are in negotiations over a wage cut/ deferral. Perhaps this is the sort of conversation people should have after the crisis has happened so people can see what happened.
l

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
How many people on here have offered to take a pay cut from their employers? - thought not.

Yep 50% cut!

It was an easy decision for me tbh, the company has no income therefore no way of paying me, I could take furlough pay (slightly more than the 50% reduction) or I could work at 50% salary and improve loads of company systems and processes, keep myself busy and come back to a better business.

A no brainer in my opinion

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Go have a lie down. You are spouting complete drivel.

I "vilify the self employed".

You have no idea how angry that comment makes me when all I've done, for weeks, is work (for free) to try to help them.

I hope you get banned for trolling. Disgraceful. I also hope you have a word with yourself and realise what a horrible person you are coming across as.

Just stop it. And I am being nice, or I'd say what I really thought.

I do not ‘troll’ anyone, I just say things that you rarely agree with. Unlucky.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was telling my mate how much I valued him and told him that if I had 2 houses, I would give one of them to him, if I had 2 cars, I would give one of them to him, and then he asked "what if you had 2 bikes?" I said, "that's not fair, you know I've got 2 bikes".

It's easy to be generous with what you don't have.
I think the figure often mentioned has been 30%, not 50%. Anyway, your analogy is inappropriate - we're not talking about a beggar sharing his last crust. I say again, if I was earning three times my annual income every week, I would definitely consider it. That's a fact.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Think there are crossed wires here, thought the inference was players taking full wages while non playing staff being forced to take pay cuts - which I thought people were saying Brighton were considering doing!

I have seen staff offering to take cuts in pay, not forced to!

And yes, the article does give a mention to other options including furloughing of staff, but as Barber says that option is at the end of a long line of things that can be done.

Maybe rather than asking all players to take a 30% pay cut each player should adopt a member of staff and pay their monthly wage - surely work out cheaper than a 30% cut, and at least you would know where the money was going!

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s going on all over...how can companies be taking £2500 per month of tax payers money to furlough staff while still affording to pay huge salaries and awarding LTIPs? https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/11/ceos-taking-covid-19-pay-cuts-should-not-be-rewarded-with-shares?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

One thing being highlighted by this virus, is that we desperately need the delivery drivers, nurses, care workers, bus drivers etc. but the disparity to the highest earning is stark. Perhaps people simply don’t mind. Some people see it as the politics of envy, I don’t see it as envy, I see it as wanting the best for those that give up so much for so little to keep society going. Enough is enough. Too much nepotism and old established networks to all these ceo and positions of power. It won’t change, but it needs to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think there are crossed wires here, thought the inference was players taking full wages while non playing staff being forced to take pay cuts - which I thought people were saying Brighton were considering doing!

I have seen staff offering to take cuts in pay, not forced to!
I'd read it as whether Bha are considering furlough (which they are)....anyway, no drama [emoji106]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s going on all over...how can companies be taking £2500 per month of tax payers money to furlough staff while still affording to pay huge salaries and awarding LTIPs? https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/11/ceos-taking-covid-19-pay-cuts-should-not-be-rewarded-with-shares?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

One thing being highlighted by this virus, is that we desperately need the delivery drivers, nurses, care workers, bus drivers etc. but the disparity to the highest earning is stark. Perhaps people simply don’t mind. Some people see it as the politics of envy, I don’t see it as envy, I see it as wanting the best for those that give up so much for so little to keep society going. Enough is enough. Too much nepotism and old established networks to all these ceo and positions of power. It won’t change, but it needs to.

Unfortunately, once this is all done people will revert to, but any idiot can drive a van, stack shelves, operate a till, etc...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I do not ‘troll’ anyone, I just say things that you rarely agree with. Unlucky.
If you quote someone's post then it's best to either refute or agree with it sweetie. Otherwise you you just look silly.

You've just continued talking rubbish.

As I said originally, the best thing for everyone would be if you just shut up.

Your comments were offensive, inaccurate and totally unnecessary.

Being nice, lip it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here