Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hat's off to BHA

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
The Palace fans seem to have run to the hills, but a few points:

1. You deserved the win. Battled more and actually played better football, which I didn't expect. Mentions particulary for Knight, Robinson, Butters, Mcshane and the other black lad you had? We were very poor.

2. Whatever people say it means more to BHA than us. I've never seen 3,500 go so mental. The hatred is dilluted among 19,000 Palace. Hope you get Falmer so we can come down in numbers.

3. The violence. BHA seem to have a fair mob that turn out for this game. Are they all BHA supporters? I'm too old for all that rubbish and people should get the rivalry into context. Most of us are decent people, hopefully most on here. And they smashed up my pre-match pub (the Crescent)!

4. Silver linings? Not many. Perhaps that the return is soon and hopefully Dowie can instill some will into the team.

Cheers.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:

1. You deserved the win. Battled more and actually played better football, which I didn't expect. Mentions particulary for Knight, Robinson, Butters, Mcshane and the other black lad you had? We were very poor.

2. Whatever people say it means more to BHA than us. I've never seen 3,500 go so mental. The hatred is dilluted among 19,000 Palace. Hope you get Falmer so we can come down in numbers.

3. The violence. BHA seem to have a fair mob that turn out for this game. Are they all BHA supporters? I'm too old for all that rubbish and people should get the rivalry into context. Most of us are decent people, hopefully most on here. And they smashed up my pre-match pub (the Crescent)!

4. Silver linings? Not many. Perhaps that the return is soon and hopefully Dowie can instill some will into the team.

Cheers.

Cheers mate..If you ever fancy a pint in the Crown let me know.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very decent of you

Unfortunately we can only gloat for a month until the next installment, when maybe your players might be a bit more up for it.

Unfotunately some herberts come out of he wood work for the london games and "big games".

Though I've experienced us going just as mad againgst lots of other opposition!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice one Paulie. I suspect Palace fans will start to care a bit more if we're top dogs for 20 years on the spin.

London Calling said:
Though I've experienced us going just as mad againgst lots of other opposition!
But Tuesday was a different kind of mental celebration to, say, the Swindon equaliser. It was a realisation that after sooooo long, we are actually competing again. Let's be honest, after the 5-0 we walked away pissed off but also under the impression that there were two leagues in the same division - and Palace were in the top bit and we weren't.

Not any more.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
good man, nice to hear a palace fan admit we were better.

that celebration was mental, never gone so mad in my life, i thought spurs was special, but that was something else! my mate whos a cardiff fan came along with me and he went just as mental as the brighton boys. He said he could just feel all the passion from us the whole night, it was hard not to get caught up in it. ... even sang im brighton till i die!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...keep working on the conversions London seagull, we will need a few more to fill Falmer...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
paulie said:
Are they all BHA supporters?

Funny you should say that but I saw a bloke I recognised in the queue to get in who I know for a fact is a Liverpool "Fan" causing trouble with the old bill altohugh I have seen him at one or two albion games in the past, funnily enough London away games mainly.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
paulie said:

Cheers.
Points echoed Paulie. We never showed all through the game and those players have to be ashamed of themselves to have worn the mighty blue and red shirts they had on their backs that night. The awful thing about it was after two consecutive away wins and looking awsome we put in that performance in in front of our bitter rivals so they can marvel in taking the piss. Well i`m expecting nothing more than a great performance in front of the public on Sky sports in 4 weeks. Well done Brighton and enjoy your moment.:clap:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...we do have a section of our following, if they really are ours, that only turn up for games where there is a bit of needle or a chance of some aggro (sorry to use olde English term here), I remember seeing them at Bournemouth a few years back where there was a bit of a pitch invasion and as you point out above, when we play in London. This group are conspicuous by there absence when we play at the likes of Port Vale, Plymouth and Carlisle, I wonder why?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Re: Re: Hat's off to BHA

Croydonbloke said:
Points echoed Paulie. We never showed all through the game and those players have to be ashamed of themselves to have worn the mighty blue and red shirts they had on their backs that night. The awful thing about it was after two consecutive away wins and looking awsome we put in that performance in in front of our bitter rivals so they can marvel in taking the piss. Well i`m expecting nothing more than a great performance in front of the public on Sky sports in 4 weeks. Well done Brighton and enjoy your moment.:clap:
Thats what i dont understand...how can we start to look like a really good team beating QPR and Coventry convincingly away from home then play so shit with no passion or desire against Brighton at home?? Thats why im so pissed off and i hope Dowie gave em hell in the dressing room and in training and we see a much much better performance against Burnley on Saturday. Anyway, im off to sulk a bit more. see ya soon :wave:

;)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Hat's off to BHA

eagles #1 said:
Thats what i dont understand...how can we start to look like a really good team beating QPR and Coventry convincingly away from home then play so shit with no passion or desire against Brighton at home?? Thats why im so pissed off and i hope Dowie gave em hell in the dressing room and in training and we see a much much better performance against Burnley on Saturday. Anyway, im off to sulk a bit more. see ya soon :wave:

;)
I am still seething eagles#1 and finding it hard to get this shit out of my head. Answers on a postcard from Dowie please.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I will go and meditate.

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hat's off to BHA

Croydonbloke said:
I am still seething eagles#1 and finding it hard to get this shit out of my head. Answers on a postcard from Dowie please.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I will go and meditate.
At least we know how Brighton felt after the 5-0 to an extent eh? Wish we didnt though :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
...we do have a section of our following, if they really are ours, that only turn up for games where there is a bit of needle or a chance of some aggro (sorry to use olde English term here), I remember seeing them at Bournemouth a few years back where there was a bit of a pitch invasion and as you point out above, when we play in London. This group are conspicuous by there absence when we play at the likes of Port Vale, Plymouth and Carlisle, I wonder why?

Funny that, but I can remember us having sizebable mobs at Plymouth a few years back and Port Vale.

A fair few of them follow the club everywhere, just often there is not trouble.

Contrary to the NSC myth, trouble still exists at football and unlike many of the great and good on here some of these people follow the club everywhere.

Uncle Buck said:
Funny that, but I can remember us having sizebable mobs at Plymouth a few years back and Port Vale.

A fair few of them follow the club everywhere, just often there is not trouble.

Contrary to the NSC myth, trouble still exists at football and unlike many of the great and good on here some of these people follow the club everywhere.

Agree but on games like Hereford, Chesterfield, Leyton O an additional breed of knuckle draggers come out of their dank caves. But they never ever seem to cross into Wales?

E

enigma

Very fair comment of you Paulie. More mature than some of the mugs on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here