Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the cooking of dinner become all a bit sproncey?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So basically you've got friends you don't really like? That's what I took from that.

Nope, I have friends I love. I have a couple of friends who go bonkers over cooking. It's all about accepting your friend's faults and loving them anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perfect. I'll expect you at 5pm on Thursday. It's Thursday so we'll be having 'oops. You'll be gone by 6 as I eat my stewed pears in front of Eggheads, in solitude.
Damn, I'd love to stay for egg heads - I beat them 4 times out of 5. Some like witnessing me destroy them, but others find it irritating and I get the feeling you'd fit the latter category, so I can leave before it starts (I've got it on series link anyway).

Dress smart.
Seriously? Will do if necessary.

Looking forward to it. PM me your address, and whether you'd prefer beer or wine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope, I have friends I love. I have a couple of friends who go bonkers over cooking. It's all about accepting your friend's faults and loving them anyway.
You seem to have forgotten about accepting their faults:

Well. of course I acted grateful. I am hardly going to complain at the time. I did make a mental note not to accept her dinner invites again.

Perhaps the fault of making too much effort for dinner is unforgivable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My personal cooking 'style' is very much of the simple is best school.

If however, other folk want to FANNY about with eight different types of fresh organic herbs, when a bit of basil would do, or spend ages on unecessarily fancy presentation, that's all fine.

If they start taking PICTURES of the meal they've made, and plastering it all over social media, though, they have gone WAY TOO FAR.

You know who you are.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Liver and bacon is one of my favourites but we argue as I want it fried and wife will only eat liver if casseroled for ages in the oven. So she doesnt have it very often as she only has it under duress. She does however like the gravy my liver gives.

Finbarr-Saunders-006.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Robin hood and Thorn, right?

Thorn? What on earth are you on about?

More to the point, I mentioned Robin Hood once about 3 years ago. Seeing as you joined as Megazone in January of this year how did you know about that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't ask Nibble, he keeps a running record of all of us, it's a little scary. He sent me a PM confirming my address (which I've never posted) once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here