Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we are going to get a new manager, I hope we appoint someone early enough to enable him to have a decent pre-season with the squad. Last year was a complete shambles.

Are you joking? He DESERVES to be on the LEGENDS wall. The poor bloke had injuries to deal with and EVERYTHING. It was a miracle he guided us to 6th, with only the bear bones of the squad who managed fourth last season.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not saying there is nothing in it. However, Talksport and The Daily Mail?? If those two told me it was dark outside at midnight I'd look out the window to check.

I still can't make my mind up re Oscar. Some of our football has been dourly drab at times, but considering the players Oscar has had to work with compared to the resources Poyet had, just getting to the play offs has been a great achievement. Nobody expected us to do much in the play offs and so it came to be. After the roller coaster of the previous two seasons, everyone expected this season to be the same. We made the play offs but with Mike Bailey style caution first football rather than flair.

So do we take a chance on Oscar and allow him to work with "his" players next season or do we go for a clean sweep - Possibly Mackay who wouldn't be a bad choice of whats available. If Oscar doesn't sleep on it, the first option may not be there anyway, especially given his interview afterwards.

Oscars more subtle and diplomatic way of hitting the ceiling?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
We did exceptionally well to get to this position this year m although the football hasnt been great , give him another year

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Malky McKay is going to Norwich. He settled with Tan in Friday, and Norwich confirm they will name their manager this week. No coincidence so let's clear this one up now!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Malky McKay is going to Norwich. He settled with Tan in Friday, and Norwich confirm they will name their manager this week. No coincidence so let's clear this one up now!

He used to play for Norwich too.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Oscar's probably a nice bloke and all that but it's pretty clear he'd lost the players long ago.
The players never looked to the bench for guidance or instructions and Oscar's touchline persona is one of being disinterested whilst Jones's gesticulations were largely ignored.
In much the same way as Holloway lost the Palace dressing room Oscar has found himself in a similar predicament. I cannot believe the players have enjoyed playing in such a negative way this season and if it is indeed true that Oscar has offered his resignation then I believe his position is untenable.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So , Oscar doing exactly what Poyet did. Reactions on here should be interesting.

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
Ah ok, thanks. Personally I would feel sorry if it was his last game. The players although weakened let him down big time today.

Totally agree. I had a feeling that this could be on the cards after the Yeovil game when he went round applauding the fans. I don't know why but he seemed as though he wouldn't be here next year.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Take aside MacKay, who could do the job if Garcia can't sleep?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If Bloom is on the 8:03 train he cannot have been around long after the game. With Oscar's post match duties (team & press) would they have had time to have such a conversation?

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
Not saying there is nothing in it. However, Talksport and The Daily Mail?? If those two told me it was dark outside at midnight I'd look out the window to check.

I still can't make my mind up re Oscar. Some of our football has been dourly drab at times, but considering the players Oscar has had to work with compared to the resources Poyet had, just getting to the play offs has been a great achievement. Nobody expected us to do much in the play offs and so it came to be. After the roller coaster of the previous two seasons, everyone expected this season to be the same. We made the play offs but with Mike Bailey style caution first football rather than flair.

So do we take a chance on Oscar and allow him to work with "his" players next season or do we go for a clean sweep - Possibly Mackay who wouldn't be a bad choice of whats available. If Oscar doesn't sleep on it, the first option may not be there anyway, especially given his interview afterwards.

Oscars more subtle and diplomatic way of hitting the ceiling?

I agree with your sentiment regarding the jury being out on Oscar. 6th is a respectable effort, and this year has been a bad one for injuries. All of that said Oscar has had Upson & Ulloa (injuries excluded) for the whole season. Poyet had to wait until mid (Upson) and late (Ulloa) January last year for those two. That is a huge advantage for any manager at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here