[Albion] Has anyone else done a 180 on Dan Burn.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I didn’t get past a 69 on BDB; one or other of us couldn’t reach - too disappointed to push through that experience.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Nope. Always liked him as a CB or part of a back 3. He’s not and never will be a wing back though to the level now required. He can do a job as a FB in a flat back 4 though, but only if other players are out.

Big fan of his though!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Haven't done a 180, more like a 90 because I thought he was very hit and miss, played some good games and then have a mare so i wasn't a big hater and nor a big fan.

Recently stepped up to the plate and playing well. Very pleased for him today to cap off the recent performances with a well deserved goal, his 2nd for the club I think (apart from OGs of course).

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
From being an absolute imo liability in the early part of last of last season, he has transformed into a colossus in defence, up there for MOM every game he plays.

Sorry Dan, I was wrong :bowdown::bowdown:

Never changed my mind always puts in a shift
Got torn apart once by Traore which was potter’s fault ???

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No always liked him since Potters first game in charge. There have been times he’s made mistakes but who doesn’t. Great squad player for a club our size.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hard to think of anyone who has improved as much in the last 18 months or so at the club than him, other than Sanchez obviously

Agree completely, apart from Webster, Lamptey, Duffy, Biss, Ali Mac, Mwepu, Moder, Tross, Maupay (and my memory isn't so good these days :wink:)

And always been a BDB fan.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’ve always loved BDB. He’s clearly had some very very good man marking coaching from players and coaches at BHA, because the job he did on Lukaku and then on DCL, so tight, and proper physical, was truly outstanding.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
More success without Dunk which is interesting, although that could be down to Mac adding some much needed speed into the midfield.

We've done a lot less 'fannying around at the back' in the last 3 games.... this has helped everyone IMO as we have got forward quicker and more direct without playing route 1.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Think I've done a more 720 / helicopter. Lovin him at the moment :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We've done a lot less 'fannying around at the back' in the last 3 games.... this has helped everyone IMO as we have got forward quicker and more direct without playing route 1.

We have without a doubt and looked very good doing it, but is that because of playing 4 at the back (and an extra man in midfield), the personnel we have been playing, or the opponents we've been up against ?

I'd like to think a little of each, but I'll reserve judgement until we play the next team that put 11 behind the ball, unlike Brentford, Chelsea and Everton (and don't get me wrong, I think we have been brilliant in those games) :albion2:

D

Deleted member 2719

No. Much MUCH better player than he’s given credit for.

Always thought he was good too, he always gives 100%, he drives us on just like Webster, Dunk and Duffy, he has looked more agile of late, he is a big lump to turn quick but gives everyone he plays against a hard game.
My only concern is he can be a liability to giving penalties away as he is all arms, these Mr tickle arms swing around all over the shop!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I've always thought Burn was a great player. Dedicated, "proper", honest defender equipped with the art of tackling. I appreciate he's got a bit of a cult following and capable of the odd stinker but technically he's excellent and has accepted and adapted to #Potterball very well. An perfect example to someone like Duffy who may consider #Potterball to be out of their comfort zone.

Also great at filling more than one position. May not be a ballon d'or winner, but like Solly, contributes far more than the general / fair weather fanbase will understand. Delighted he's in a purple patch and enjoying his football. Long may it continue.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Agree completely, apart from Webster, Lamptey, Duffy, Biss, Ali Mac, Mwepu, Moder, Tross, Maupay (and my memory isn't so good these days :wink:)

And always been a BDB fan.

Disagree, most of those were good players 18 months ago, although I would agree they have all improved. 18 months ago Burn was a total and utter donkey, couldn't get near the team and when we had Solly out the general reaction was "oh no". Let's not forget a year ago to the day he put in one of the worst performances in a Brighton shirt in the Premier League era against Wolves.

He's improved to the extent that in the last few games we've not fielded Dunk or Duffy (unthinkable earlier this season) and Burn has risen to that challenge to the extent we aren't sitting here on the back of two drubbings ruing this fact.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve always quite liked him. Fair play to him, he’s given his all for the cause, even when being played out of position. Right now he’s the first CB on the team sheet and got a goal today, so will have won even more people over. Well done BDB.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Disagree, most of those were good players 18 months ago, although I would agree they have all improved. 18 months ago Burn was a total and utter donkey, couldn't get near the team and when we had Solly out the general reaction was "oh no". Let's not forget a year ago to the day he put in one of the worst performances in a Brighton shirt in the Premier League era against Wolves.

He's improved to the extent that in the last few games we've not fielded Dunk or Duffy (unthinkable earlier this season) and Burn has risen to that challenge to the extent we aren't sitting here on the back of two drubbings ruing this fact.

There's no doubt that we both think he's improved a great deal.

It's just that at nearly 30, we disagree on how much. Although, to be fair defenders peak tends to be later than strikers. I think that just like Dunk and Solly, he came to us at just the right time, albeit a few years later in his career :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
BDB has been like the BFG when Duffy got injured at the end of the promotion season. There isn't much higher praise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports