Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys = £4.20?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
From memory the Swan was charging £3-something for a nice pint of Palmers last season. If they don't get greedy and match the club they'll get all my custom now.
Think i paid £3.30 for Seafarers last year

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Charging too much=Premier League Ready. See how it works? Simple really.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£4.20 for a pint of.... Harveys ? you couldn't make it up !

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Financial Fair Play for fans?

Absolute disgrace, the travel shambles means they should encourage people to eat and dink at the Amex, not charge rip off prices for a lukewarm pie and a flat ale.

I love the Amex but the catering is NOT a premium product.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If I remember correctly, a pint of Harveys in The Nelson is well under four quid. All those who go on about expensive London prices - Yes, there are plenty of pubs where you will get fleeced for 'London prices', but I still find plenty of places where I can get a pint under £4. Harveys in The Market Porter is £3.80 a pint for example.

The Swan will be getting more of my custom pre match this coming season for sure.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At £4.20 a pint I think they'll find that sales will drop massively. It's going to make my trips to The Amex cheaper that's for sure. They are taking the piss with that increase. My waist line will benefit too because there is no way I will be paying £4.10 for a pie, especially as the quality has been getting steadily worse.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
SOME PEOPLE HAVEN'T EVEN GOT A POT TO PISS IN???
regards
DR

If you ain't got no money then we don't want your sort at the Amex, we want people who will spend and help the club finance the football team.
Gone are the days of getting into the north stand for a penny just before kick off and not spending anything else.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
That is too much of a hike. Unfortunately people will still pay it (myself included) because they are in post match routines or don't want to wait for 45mins for a train.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
If I remember correctly, a pint of Harveys in The Nelson is well under four quid. All those who go on about expensive London prices - Yes, there are plenty of pubs where you will get fleeced for 'London prices', but I still find plenty of places where I can get a pint under £4. Harveys in The Market Porter is £3.80 a pint for example.

The Swan will be getting more of my custom pre match this coming season for sure.

The Nelson was £3.50 last season for best

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
No Harvey's selling? Let's bring in John Smiths Smoothflow.
I've seen the future and it works

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
From memory the Swan was charging £3-something for a nice pint of Palmers last season. If they don't get greedy and match the club they'll get all my custom now.

It's not 'the club' setting the prices. It's an independent company leasing the concourse areas.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At £4.20 a pint I think they'll find that sales will drop massively

Whereas I think you'll find they won't. People go to the football, they buy a pint. After that first pint, the second & third & fourth don't look so expensive, oddly enough.

We all spend a fortune on football these days. I'm not saying that's right, but I doubt many people are going to refuse to buy their regular pint because it's £4.20 compared to the (bargain!) £3.90 it was last season.

Hiking up ticket prices might put off the match-by-match goer, because the ultimate investment is a significant one (£30- £40).

The price of a pint isn't, because if all your mates are standing around knocking back a beer, the vast majority of regular drinkers aren't going to decline because of a 30p increase. If there is genuinely somebody on here who cannot afford a pint of beer at a Championship football game that they've bought a £36 ticket for because it's going to cost them 30p more than last season: PM me. I'll give you that 30p myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here