Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
After their evil comments, I do think it would be a touch of class if Ian Hart & Andrew Hawes could find a disabled, Arabic Albion fan to do the next show with him. As well as chucking yet more money in the direction of a disability charity obviously.

Yours truly,
Bradley

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
After their evil comments, I do think it would be a touch of class if Ian Hart & Andrew Hawes could find a disabled, Arabic Albion fan to do the next show with him. As well as chucking yet more money in the direction of a disability charity obviously.

Yours truly,
Bradley

Nah - just get him to invite Glen Hoddle and ask for his opinion:jester:

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
Nah - just get him to invite Glen Hoddle and ask for his opinion:jester:
Thankyou for replying, "supaseagull". Though I can't help thinking this is a dreadful idea because we really shouldn't be condoning the idea that disabled people (or ethnic minorities) are second class citizens.

Yours truly,
Bradley.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Yours truly,
Bradley

What does/would being Arabic have to do with the price of fish?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The trouble is that what is said on message boards like NSC has a habit of spilling out into the real word - especially when organisations like SCR start to quote comments that are made here (which has become a regular feature over the past few months).

Should that make us more responsible? Or more thoughtful? I don't know. What I do know is that there are users of NSC who aren't completely comfortable with the expectation that no-one here is real.

Harty is one of them. In real life, his job means that he's not one to make silly jokes about death - which probably explains his failure to appreciate the gag that 1067Seagull made about Alan Ball. In real life, I provide services for elderly and disabled people. This means I don't much like gags about disability. But others obviously see things differently.

A joke about Alan Ball from a new, anonymous user (eg fake account) on NSC in the context of this messageboard shouldn't surprise or offend anyone - certainly no one who has visted here regularly.

It's throwaway rubbish which is not representative of Albion fans or (probably) the person who wrote it.

I mean, what next, taking quotes from NSP and splashing them across the cover of the Mid-Sussex Times?

A comment about 'windowlickers' doesn't offend me particularly but, you have to admit, it's pretty unusual to hear it on a BBC radio station.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A joke about Alan Ball from a new, anonymous user (eg fake account) on NSC in the context of this messageboard shouldn't surprise or offend anyone - certainly no one who has visted here regularly.

It's throwaway rubbish which is not representative of Albion fans or (probably) the person who wrote it.

Perhaps the Alan Ball comment was not a joke about him, but directed at the knee jerk goons who are having a 'Who do you want as manager" poll ten matches into Mickey's reign, and who no doubt would be doing exactly the same even if we were managed by Wenger/ Taggart/ Mourinho etc.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps the Alan Ball comment was not a joke about him, but directed at the knee jerk goons who are having a 'Who do you want as manager" poll ten matches into Mickey's reign, and who no doubt would be doing exactly the same even if we were managed by Wenger/ Taggart/ Mourinho etc.

Yes, PERHAPS you're right.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton

Isnt Taggart dead - or would that be opening up another can of worms?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I find that rather strange. I've met a few undertakers, and found that they are more likely than anyone else on EARTH to make jokes about death.

Actually Ian`s favourite monty Python Sketch is the

''I think we`ve got an eater''

He cant really admit that on air though I suppose.

................ ps I know someone who died once and that python joke does not offend me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think he was right. There are a lot of window lickers on here. It doesn't matter that he said it on the radio. People are making a lot out of it being the BBC but hardly anyone listens to it so I wouldn't bother about it too much.

Nipple................. what did you think of Adam`s substitutions on saturday, and did you enjoy the game ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This thread is destined for the NSC Gold hall of fame . Being called a NSC windowlicker is not derogatory its more of a compliment to some of the posters on here. :p

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Has Harty been made to ring the woman at B.O.D.S or whatever the disabled Albion team is called to apologise to her? I had to after a slightly dodgy poll on here a few year ago.

Were you the one that allmost crying down the phone I heard about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here