Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry defends Malky.. "He hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile"

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
He used racist sexist anti-semetic and homophobic language and then claimed he was none of the mentioned, is that believable?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
To be fair, people are forgetting something. If this is the reason he was sacked then why did Tan not bring it to the attention of the FA then? Sitting on it for nearly a year until Mackay looks to be getting a new job is wrong. For Cardiff to then suggest Richard Bevan should resign is ridiculous. If Tan was as outraged as he claims to be, he would have complained to the FA striaght away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Harry yearns for the good old 1960's when you could make funny jokes in the work place about non-caucasians, or jews, or homosexuals, and only the victims would bat an eyelid.

Bevan, the pompous LMA (trade union) leader, (the same bloke who repeatedly issued one-sided propaganda on behalf of Poyet last Summer when it was an ongoing legal matter), seemingly thinks the same about these latest leaked remarks.

Just harmless banter?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To be fair, people are forgetting something. If this is the reason he was sacked then why did Tan not bring it to the attention of the FA then? Sitting on it for nearly a year until Mackay looks to be getting a new job is wrong. For Cardiff to then suggest Richard Bevan should resign is ridiculous. If Tan was as outraged as he claims to be, he would have complained to the FA striaght away.

Couldn't agree more. Another media storm over not much, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't believe it was the reason he was fired.

My understanding is that he was fired because of what Tan saw as overspending putting a strain on their relationship. In the aftermath of that, Tan started to investigate the transfer dealings. As a part of this investigation they got search warrants to retrieve texts and emails from Moody and Mackay's phones and computers. They found these offensive messages, and they claim they provided evidence of them to Mackay and Moody and their lawyers (and representatives of the LMA) and gave them the opportunity to contact the FA themselves.

Cardiff informed the FA of their findings last week.

Considering comments from the media seem to be putting the FA's investigation, having to to read through the thousands of tweets, may take months, I don't think the timeline is all that suspicious. He was fired last December. That means they have to make the decision to investigate, begin their investigation, get the warrant, execute the warrant, then go through all the tweets and emails, and then giving Moody and Mackay an opportunity to come clean themselves.

Not to mention, that the purpose of their investigation was into the financial dealings surrounding the transfer deals on their watch, which they will have wanted to complete as well.

And of course it won't be the club that does the investigation, it will be an outside company that might want to be thorough and make sure they take their time and fully cover everything, then charge by the hour.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm certainly guilty of edgy humour, amongst my friends and generally not work colleagues, but they overlap. I am sure 'they' could dig up some dirt on me. Not to the extent of outright bigotry and racism. Having said that, something taken out of context can seem a whole lot worse than it is on the face of it.

However, they are/were both heavily involved in recruitment and their messages are pretty outrageous. Certainly dismissable offences and they may struggle to shake off the tag.

Mind you, any sort gets employed in football, so I'm sure they will pop up somewhere. The Middle East, perhaps?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As somebody on this thread mentioned earlier, Malky is a massively overrated manager. Sitting opposite Ben Shepperd and Kammy every few weeks has lifted him to elite management material. He'll probably have to consider jobs north of the border after this media frenzy.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I don't believe it was the reason he was fired.

My understanding is that he was fired because of what Tan saw as overspending putting a strain on their relationship. In the aftermath of that, Tan started to investigate the transfer dealings. As a part of this investigation they got search warrants to retrieve texts and emails from Moody and Mackay's phones and computers. They found these offensive messages, and they claim they provided evidence of them to Mackay and Moody and their lawyers (and representatives of the LMA) and gave them the opportunity to contact the FA themselves.

Cardiff informed the FA of their findings last week.

Considering comments from the media seem to be putting the FA's investigation, having to to read through the thousands of tweets, may take months, I don't think the timeline is all that suspicious. He was fired last December. That means they have to make the decision to investigate, begin their investigation, get the warrant, execute the warrant, then go through all the tweets and emails, and then giving Moody and Mackay an opportunity to come clean themselves.

Not to mention, that the purpose of their investigation was into the financial dealings surrounding the transfer deals on their watch, which they will have wanted to complete as well.

And of course it won't be the club that does the investigation, it will be an outside company that might want to be thorough and make sure they take their time and fully cover everything, then charge by the hour.
A reasonable version of events. However, the full and frank apology to the Tan family which came after Mackay ended his legal claim seems a bit over the top if he was sacked for overspending and underachieving. Also, it's incredibly convenient for their investigation to finish ooooh near as damn it the same day Palace were going to offer Mackay the managers job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Over the past 30 years I have employed a good few hundred people across large and small companies in various industries and if anyone who worked for me sent those texts on the work phones that i provided I would have sacked them.

But it seems i'm probably holier than most ???

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Tomorrow's back page, today:

BvrE_pKIAAICFuY.jpg

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A reasonable version of events. However, the full and frank apology to the Tan family which came after Mackay ended his legal claim seems a bit over the top if he was sacked for overspending and underachieving. Also, it's incredibly convenient for their investigation to finish ooooh near as damn it the same day Palace were going to offer Mackay the managers job.

It seems their investigation was finished a while back, since they provided the evidence to Mackay and Moody, according to their statement today, over three months ago. According to one of the articles I read and linked either in this thread or the 'this is why malkay didn't go to palace' the apology was made when they gave this evidence to Moody and Mackay, and the LMA have been aware of it since then. The settlement of that lawsuit was meant to include the apology and for the two of them to contact the FA about the messages.

They delivered the apology, but didn't confess.

My understanding of the time line

December 27 - Mackay Fired

Unknown time after that - Investigation starts

March something - Lawyers take phones and computer equipments

Early May - Cardiff provide Moody, Mackay, LMA lawyers with the evidence of the messages, demand a full apology, dropped lawsuits, and for M&M to contact the FA to confess
May 10 - Moody and Mackay apologises, announces lawsuit dropped.

August 14 - Word starts to leak that Pulis is leaving Palace
August 15 - Pulis going officially confirmed.
August 15 - Cardiff submit the dossier to the FA who begin their investigation. (according to an article in the telegraph "The allegations accompany claims that Mackay and Moody swapped racist, sexist and homophobic text messages and emails, which the Football Association is investigating after the details were sent to the governing body over the last six days" posted in an article yesterday) Listening to the guardian football podcast, Cardiff waited until two days before the deadline to file their dossier. I'm not sure why there is a deadline for such a thing.
August 20 - word leaked mackay not getting the palace job in the morning
August 20 - late that evening, Daily Mail posted an exclusive report on their website revealing the extent of the dossier.

Did they do it because it Malkay looked to be getting a job, or were they trying to give him as much time to come clean as possible and just getting an added enjoyment of ruining his new job chances? Or did they point the press in the direction of the investigation to expose it and cost him the job? Did they think they were doing the right thing exposing him/the investigation to give Palace a chance to avoid signing him only to lose him or worse (if their investigation shows dodgy transfer dealings)? I don't know.

I'm not trying to say Cardiff weren't being vindictive with the timing, but if they were it's a little more complex than "palace are gonna give him the job, quick let's tell everyone", since the report was supposedly filed a week before Mackay was seriously looking like getting the job.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Did Redknapp at any point in his press conference say of Mackay that "he's not that type of player"?

you could read the article and make your own view rather than follow others (who quite probably havent read it either).

I'm not trying to say Cardiff weren't being vindictive with the timing, but if they were it's a little more complex than "palace are gonna give him the job, quick let's tell everyone", since the report was supposedly filed a week before Mackay was seriously looking like getting the job.

the FA, or anyone, would have to be quiet on this sort of thing until it had been verified. clearly leaking on the very day it looked like Malkay was about to land a job was deliberate. one could be charitable and suggest it was to save Palace later embaressment, but i think with Tan and his relationship with the parties, that would be a second concern to simply putting the boot in.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Over the past 30 years I have employed a good few hundred people across large and small companies in various industries and if anyone who worked for me sent those texts on the work phones that i provided I would have sacked them.

But it seems i'm probably holier than most ???

Exactly this. All this 'well it was only four out of a 1000 texts' is
simply bullsh*t and irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here