Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Happy 'You know what' Everyone

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think you’ll find St. George means something to a lot more people than Ramadan does in this country.

I look forward to your statistics backing that up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Not me as I'm not on Facebook, but this is a good friend and decent Albion fan that many of us know.

Not sure what the issue is :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
View attachment 122751

Not me as I'm not on Facebook, but this is a good friend and decent Albion fan that many of us know.

Not sure what the issue is :shrug:

Facebook has AI which will remove stuff automatically. Maybe he sourced the picture from a group which has been banned.
I had a picture removed for ‘nudity’ once which featured the wing walkers from the film Flying Down to Rio.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Is there a touch of irony here, am I being whooshed or have i missed something?

England's only national born saint? A Roman soldier of Greek descent born in Turkey, if he existed at all.......

At least Patrick, David and Andrew had some sort of connection with their respective countries!

You were being whooshed, David.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No real significance in terms of history, religion etc. :ffsparr:

I think you’ll find St. George means something to a lot more people than Ramadan does in this country.

The club obviously found it significant enough to post about it last year.

Over 2.5 million Muslims in the UK. Are there that many people that give a fig about St George's Day? The club are targeting a global audience too, not just the English.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is the patron saint thing, Roman Catholic? Or do non RCs do it as well?

I’m quite confused, as an atheist should I ignore it, but, as a proud Englishman should I embrace it.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Wasnt he Turkish anyway ?
Not that im bothered
Patriotism and Nationalism ...just what the world needs right now.

if you've ever lived abroad for a long period,without communting to the UK at every possible moment

then,when you hear your native tongue,you realise you are very much British

there's nothing wrong with that,all nationalites are the same

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So you're not English ?
Regards
DF

What my nationality is doesn't come into it. He wasn't English, he never visited England.

By that token, you must hate him - he's taken a job away from hard working Englishmen.

Jan 30, 2008
Lewes Forum :lolol: some proper cranks that post on there, I have a look occasionally just for some entertainment :smile:

DFL no doubt , no real affinity to Lewes in any shape of form, loads left the town as property prices soared and Bill's became a right on strong hold, there's still a few Lewes faces knocking about you won't find them in the Lansdown
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
What my nationality is doesn't come into it. He wasn't English, he never visited England.

By that token, you must hate him - he's taken a job away from hard working Englishmen.

Of course it does it's our national day, I bet if it was a public day off you'd want to go into work then :shrug:
Regards
DF

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bloody foreigners coming over here killing our dragons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here