[Misc] Happy 'You know what' Everyone

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
has anyone ever actually attempted to stop people from celebrating this?

see also: christmas

Of course not. But as we know, the sort of people who like to believe they have been don't tend to be on particularly friendly terms with things like "the truth".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why wouldn’t you be allowed to wish someone a happy St. George’s day?

Ahem.

Now that the loony lefties, all the BBC luvvies, promoters of homosexuality and PC brigade have taken over, you're not allowed to call a spade a spade anymore, and especially celebrate a bit of good old English patriotism, England's only national born saint. In fact it is practically illegal to call yourself English.

Do keep up ???

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So, the club celebrate this, but not the day to celebrate England? Strange, as it’s just happened the once, I’ll put it down as a mistake.
CEC9A98A-EEB1-45BC-9EC9-F7C4E2C50FFB.jpeg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So, the club celebrate this, but not the day to celebrate England? Strange, as it’s just happened the once, I’ll put it down as a mistake.

Why would it be a mistake? It's not as if St George's Day actually means anything.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why would it be a mistake? It's not as if St George's Day actually means anything.

Depends on your view point surely ? On my-give-a-shit meter St George's Day probably comes in around a 6. Ramadan a big fat zero.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Depends on your view point surely ? On my-give-a-shit meter St George's Day probably comes in around a 6. Ramadan a big fat zero.

I get that, as Ramadan doesn't impact me - I was meaning more that Ramadan is a religious event that is observed by a great many people, whereas St George's Day....doesn't really have any real significance in terms of history, religion etc. It's the same as any other 'theme' day in my opinion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Today is Shakespeare's birthday.

Why not celebrate someone who was English and actually existed ? Teach kids some real history.

St George's Day ? What the **** is that all about anyway ? What are we celebrating ?

St Alban perhaps - the first English martyr? Thomas a'Becket?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ahem.

Now that the loony lefties, all the BBC luvvies, promoters of homosexuality and PC brigade have taken over, you're not allowed to call a spade a spade anymore, and especially celebrate a bit of good old English patriotism, England's only national born saint. In fact it is practically illegal to call yourself English.

Do keep up ???

Is there a touch of irony here, am I being whooshed or have i missed something?

England's only national born saint? A Roman soldier of Greek descent born in Turkey, if he existed at all.......

At least Patrick, David and Andrew had some sort of connection with their respective countries!

Jan 30, 2008
Today is Shakespeare's birthday.

Why not celebrate someone who was English and actually existed ? Teach kids some real history.

St George's Day ? What the **** is that all about anyway ? What are we celebrating ?
Ask the Welsh Scots and Irish, don't think.they have a problem it's only the right ons /snowflakes
In England that have a problem , 'give me Georgee in my heart give me English '
Regards
DF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ask the Welsh Scots and Irish, don't think.they have a problem it's only the right ons /snowflakes
In England that have a problem , 'give me Georgee in my heart give me English '
Regards
DF

That chant is perfect for ladz like you.

George, of course, was wasn't English.

Have a cap.... . :dunce:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I get that, as Ramadan doesn't impact me - I was meaning more that Ramadan is a religious event that is observed by a great many people, whereas St George's Day....doesn't really have any real significance in terms of history, religion etc. It's the same as any other 'theme' day in my opinion.

No real significance in terms of history, religion etc. :ffsparr:

I think you’ll find St. George means something to a lot more people than Ramadan does in this country.

The club obviously found it significant enough to post about it last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here