Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Happy 'You know what' Everyone

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course it does it's our national day, I bet if it was a public day off you'd want to go into work then :shrug:
Regards
DF

This makes no sense whatsoever. I'm an atheist, but I don't go to work on Christmas Day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Of course it does it's our national day, I bet if it was a public day off you'd want to go into work then :shrug:
Regards
DF

It's not 'our national day' and it isn't a public holiday, so both points are (not for the first time from you) entirely irrelevant.

Ironically, if Corbyn had been elected in 2017, I believe one of his pledges was to make it a national holiday...that would have made you explode :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Over 2.5 million Muslims in the UK. Are there that many people that give a fig about St George's Day? The club are targeting a global audience too, not just the English.

Yes and more, we live in England.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I've read that a few times but I'm not sure what you mean.

Yes to your question about whether more people care about England and St. George’s Day than the Muslim celebration, and the reason that is - is because we live in England.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes to your question about whether more people care about England and St. George’s Day than the Muslim celebration, and the reason that is - is because we live in England.

Fair enough. I never remember it being a big thing at any time in my life- at home, at school, at work, in the pub. I guess it would be nice if there was a day of national celebration each year, if only for an extra bank holiday. I'm not sure a huge number of people are particularly passionate about St George's Day though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here