Happy with Hughton?

• Yes I am

Votes: 622 92.0%
  • No I'm not

Votes: 54 8.0%

• Total voters

GeordieJames

Dec 31, 2014
Hi guys & girls, Newcastle united fan here in peace.
Just thought I would let you guys know, if you didn't already, that you have got a real good manager on your hands. He will bring everybody together at Brighton, as he did with Newcastle, and I expect you guys to be really pushing on now in the 2nd half of the season. He's a great guy, and I would have him back in a heartbeat. The less said about my lot the better...
Good luck to you guys, and we will see you in the prem hopefully one day now you're under Hughton!
James.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just thought I would let you guys know, if you didn't already, that you have got a real good manager on your hands. He will bring everybody together at Brighton, as he did with Newcastle, and I expect you guys to be really pushing on now in the 2nd half of the season. He's a great guy, and I would have him back in a heartbeat. The less said about my lot the better...
Good luck to you guys, and we will see you in the prem hopefully one day now you're under Hughton!
James.

welcome to NSC James, we'll hopefully see you again in the FA cup for our bi-annual victory against you!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Given that we were never going to tempt Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich, yes. None of the list of potential candidates inspired me that much, and after three left-field appointments you can't blame the club for playing it safe. He does have a good record in this division which is all a club like us can realistically ask for.

Now to get the Burke replacement sorted out which is arguably as important.

Burke replacement? I think not. We now have a head of recruitment - Paul Winstanley, who will SUPPORT the recruitment of players that the manager actually wants.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
James.

Thank you for this. Good to see real positivity about our new manager.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thank you for this. Good to see real positivity about our new manager.

Norwich fans also seem to think we've picked the right man.

Hughton was after CMS on a few occasions whilst at Norwich, wonder if he'll manage to get the best out of him .

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Hughton was after CMS on a few occasions whilst at Norwich, wonder if he'll manage to get the best out of him .
He'll also be more than aware of Kaz from their time at Newcastle (albeit he only made a handful of appearances under him) - so it'll be interesting to see how he uses him once back fit.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nathan Jones dog......postman pats cat...........anyone but Hughton he is just a below average manager.

I assume that you will be giving the Amex a wide berth after the appointment of this ' no hoper ' then?
( would also appreciate a list from you of average and above average managers who would have been better suited to this job at a club placed 41st out of 92 league clubs )

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Nathan Jones dog......postman pats cat...........anyone but Hughton he is just a below average manager.

His finishes in the Championship are 1st and 4th. Be interesting to see what your dictionary has down as the definition of the word average.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Burke replacement? I think not. We now have a head of recruitment - Paul Winstanley, who will SUPPORT the recruitment of players that the manager actually wants.

Ok, missed that announcement. So we don't need a new Burke (to coin a phrase). Fair enough.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
an experienced and successful championship manger
just the ticket to battle relegation
the question is whether the squad is good enough
defensively an improvement on Sami is not hard
conventional full backs and a defensive anchor in midfield
hopefully our young talent Rohan Ince
but when it comes to scoring goals I am not so sure
let's be honest even with a better squad our two
previous mangers did not deliver prolific goal scoring
what are the realistic improvements to our attacking options
available to Chris?
certainly hopeful of avoiding relegation
but not sure how far this squad can go

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
James.

Cheers James, I'm chuffed we've landed him; he must have been a hero in Newcastle when you won the 2010 Championship. It's hard to understand Mike Ashley's strategy for your lot; you get in some cracking players and go through winning phases but Ashley seems to undermine it by selling and sacking. Anyway good luck under your new manager.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

There's always a first time! ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, missed that announcement. So we don't need a new Burke (to coin a phrase). Fair enough.

That's the way I read it, although Burke didn't just do recruitment, so his other responsibilities will either be absorbed by existing employees, or there will be a new guy hired to carry out those duties, or something in-between. As long as the manager takes the lead in recruitment we'll have taken a big step forward IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
an experienced and successful championship manger
just the ticket to battle relegation
the question is whether the squad is good enough
defensively an improvement on Sami is not hard
conventional full backs and a defensive anchor in midfield
hopefully our young talent Rohan Ince
but when it comes to scoring goals I am not so sure
let's be honest even with a better squad our two
previous mangers did not deliver prolific goal scoring
what are the realistic improvements to our attacking options
available to Chris?
certainly hopeful of avoiding relegation
but not sure how far this squad can go

Have to agree that signing a new striker (Muzza or Bent re-signed would be my preference, and in that order) is the top priority if we are going to improve now we have Hughton in place.

D

Deleted member 2719

I assume that you will be giving the Amex a wide berth after the appointment of this ' no hoper ' then?
( would also appreciate a list from you of average and above average managers who would have been better suited to this job at a club placed 41st out of 92 league clubs )

His finishes in the Championship are 1st and 4th. Be interesting to see what your dictionary has down as the definition of the word average.
As I said below, I believe the latest stats of an average at best manager tells the real story. If we wanted an average manager we should have gone back and got Sir Mickey he has more experience and could make Hughton look like a amateur.

All debatable, what isn't is his latest track record.
82 matches at Norwich for just 96 points that just 1.17 per match. Relegation form.
Don't get it why Hughton?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
As I said below, I believe the latest stats of an average at best manager tells the real story. If we wanted an average manager we should have gone back and got Sir Mickey he has more experience and could make Hughton look like a amateur.

Your choice of statistic is misleading. His record at Newcastle was 1.91 points per game and at Brum 1.60. Anything over a point per game in Premiership gives you a chance of staying up so not a valid comparison for Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here