Happy with Hughton?

• Yes I am

Votes: 622 92.0%
  • No I'm not

Votes: 54 8.0%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Reliability, not chasing a golden job, experience and will bring stability back to the club, is that enough

All debatable, what isn't is his latest track record.
82 matches at Norwich for just 96 points that just 1.17 per match. Relegation form.
Don't get it why Hughton?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Feel free to bounce this if we get relegated.

I am quite happy about the appointment but remain unconvinced about what we will do in the January window but will have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member 2719

Feel free to bounce this if we get relegated.

I am quite happy about the appointment but remain unconvinced about what we will do in the January window but will have to wait and see.
It will bring me no joy in bouncing I just want us to climb out of it, as I said earlier the board will have to back him in this window.
I really wonder how much damage Gus did long term as we keep going for the soft mild mannered manager that everyone wants to cuddle.
I suppose I will eventually get over this let down of an appointment, IF we DON'T go down.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, very happy. Experienced and yet most definitely motivated to reinstall his previous reputation after a very bad season at Norwich.

I think he's just what we need at the moment.

100% behind the new manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nathan Jones is happy with Hughton..... so happy he's got a semi

Chris Hughton Albion 8.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sherwood does seem to be missing out on a lot of jobs and Robinson is the poor man's Eddie Howe so pleased.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I really cannot wait for us to get going now. Roll on Brentford. The gloom of the Hyypia era has lifted.I feel so relaxed now that i'm not even thinking about relegation anymore. I just know this club is in safe hands now. Looking forward to the next 3 years under Hughton and possible more if all goes well.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Be interesting to see how Burke's signings get on under another manager.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Given that we were never going to tempt Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich, yes. None of the list of potential candidates inspired me that much, and after three left-field appointments you can't blame the club for playing it safe. He does have a good record in this division which is all a club like us can realistically ask for.

Now to get the Burke replacement sorted out which is arguably as important.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fence

Speaking to Norwich supporters I know they were fed up with Hughton's negative football, that he may have kept them, instead they employed a radio pundit

Good short term to get us out of the mare, longer term it could be dull football

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fence

Speaking to Norwich supporters I know they were fed up with Hughton's negative football, that he may have kept them, instead they employed a radio pundit

Good short term to get us out of the mare, longer term it could be dull football
There isn't a 'Fence' option though as I guess a lot of us would have gone for it. Which actually is a cop-out as if it all goes pear-shaped we could have then turned round and said "well I wasn't 100% convinced at the start anyway". The whole list of realistic candidates was full of failures and has-beens, and with regard to Hughton for every unhappy Norwich fan you can find two happy Birmingham and Newcastle fans.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Fence

This would be understandable if Brighton's football had largely been like a precious curate's egg over the last few years. However, the reality is that Hughton's style is unlikely to be particularly more dull than much that's gone before it, but he is likely to yield better results.

This is a time for Brigton fans to rejoice.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
This would be understandable if Brighton's football had largely been like a precious curate's egg over the last few years. However, the reality is that Hughton's style is unlikely to be particularly more dull than much that's gone before it, but he is likely to yield better results.

This is a time for Brigton fans to rejoice.

I agree, really do not what people are alluding too about our style. The fact is that our football since Gus took over and right up to today has been possession football and slow build up from the back. Oscar got us to the play offs with the same style. People were really happy when Sami got the job and promised a more attacking style of football. Well that worked out well.Hughtons style of football is the same as Gus and Oscar and we have done pretty well with that style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here