Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy Shortest Day

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Midday here in Lapland...Sun almost came up but has decided to go back to bed early...

Attachments

• 20221224_104141.jpg
    20221224_104141.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 15

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
May I recommend Kiruna. Around 20 minutes of daylight during the darkest weeks... Some decent Northern Lights though.

View attachment 154967
That does look beautiful. However, I wonder how much post processing has gone on with that image.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Midday here in Lapland...Sun almost came up but has decided to go back to bed early...
What the hell are you doing in Lapland?
That does look beautiful. However, I wonder how much post processing has gone on with that image.
Not necessarily a whole lot but they do indeed usually look more spectacular on camera than IRL (from my understanding, not exactly bathing in Northern Lights down here in Skåne):

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Helping Santa getting ready. Making sure his kit is washed. That any reindeer understand the strategy and game plan and the subs are ready to take over. That the elf's and other backroom staff have done their jobs and everything is set up.

Obviously. It's Christmas Eve. :rolleyes:🙄

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Cros

Not necessarily a whole lot but they do indeed usually look more spectacular on camera than IRL (from my understanding, not exactly bathing in Northern Lights down here in Skåne):

Cross Country Skiing, driving a dog sled, ice fishing, driving snow mobiles across a frozen lake at 50mph, watching the Northern lights when the snow stops and clouds clear and having an extremely snowy white Christmas with my family...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here