Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 60th Birthday Nigel ' Bushfire ' Erskine

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Haven't seen Nigel since the Blackpool game at the AMEX.

Happy Friday mate, if it's your birthday or not.

This is the last time I saw him as well, a truly smashing bloke. I remember his exploits on a post season football tour of Belgium,with the Ham Worthing. There's not a lot that can be posted on here, but, those in the know talk about it still.

He came to my Wedding, and, more importantly, came to the stag night, a real Albion legend.
Happy birthday Little Nige, a giant in all the important ways.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Many , many apologies guys the little ******* told me a couple of weeks back that it was his Birthday today and I thought I read it correctly in an old 1973 diary he showed me , my mistake or his . I turned up with a card etc this morning for him and the look of bewilderment on his little face at my gesture made me realise the error . I told him what a **** I now felt having posted on here earlier . We shared some laughs and memories and he wished all who remembered him his very best wishes He will be glued to the coverage of tonight's game . Sorry for the earlier date error but thanks for everyone's good wishes which I will show him next time I visit. Enjoy tonight one and all .His true 60th birthday date as someone rightly put is 21 September so will repost then . Cheers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bit premature boys his birthday is 21st of September. Will be a party though. It's a themed dress code though. Naked except for a surgical mask covering your genitals............ for those who remember that day.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
TBH I don't know the date of his birthday, but I know he's younger than me and I'm 60 in June. I knew he was in the school year below me, but I thought perhaps they might have kept him back because he's tiny!

In 55 years. Of being mates I never noticed his height ��

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In 55 years. Of being mates I never noticed his height ��
I did....whenever we had a game of park football I had to tailor my right wing crosses to match his height and lack of speed.. Nige would usually never wander further than 5 yards in any direction from the opposition penalty spot so that would be my target area and I'd try to whip them in at about a height of 5' instead of a normal 6-7'.... He was always generous in his applause for my tailored crosses.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Birthday is September , popped in to see him this afternoon as I do weekly , he was ok , sadly lost his elder brother David recently who lived for many years in South Africa .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The one time I was really grateful he was a squirt was on a stag do about 35 years ago. I was having a slash in a shop doorway when he arrived behind me and started
peeing up against my leg. Luckily he only managed to spray it up to about knee level before I turned round and caught him square in the face. Bless.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Never met Nigel, but remember him well from back in the day... Didn't he lead the march of fans across the pitch during the Mansfield boycott?

Talking of legendary fans, whatever happened to Krispies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here