Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy 20th Birthday NSC?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I preferred the Mailing List. I was an NSC regular in a previous guise from around 98 but found the likes of FG so off putting I gave it a swerve for years. Thematically it was very IT guys with lashings of lad-maggery, dominated by those with a fast-ish workplace system, enjoying the chance to indulge in 'safe space' anonymized racism and homophobia. Home dialup was simply too expensive for grazing.
After a period of trying to be a rock star, I went 'back to work' in an office, and discovered tinterweb. We worked for a German Co. And had all the gear, for the time.

never ever dreamt of doing tinterweb of an evening or weekend, there were far better things to do. I was single and twenty something with cash to burn!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's actually only this incarnation that's 20 years old. It's existed in other forms since about 1996. I first posted in about 98/99, but I know there are still a few regular posters (Simster and Wozza to name but two) who pre-date me.
Si, did Alec even exist when you started 😉

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't remember if it was related to Turkeygate, but there was one magical xmas where @Turkey fixed it for virtual snowflakes to drift down across the NSC Big Board. Quite magical it was :xmas: :love: Well at least it was for about 5 minutes until the board ground to a complete halt. Whereupon that magical festive feature was swiftly removed, never to be seen again :lol:
I remember that as well.

Now we have real snowflakes drifting around all across the NSC Big Board.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Started out on the mailing list then moved onto NSC around 97. Fortunately worked for a tech company that provided internet access at work which was free to use at lunchtimes etc.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For me the best Gold thread was:

"Would the fans please stay off the pitch at the final whistle so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour"
The Recruitment one is the best, surely? Some of the insults on it are fantastic. That thread would be shut down within 5 minutes on today's NSC.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I have been on NSC since about 1997. Rarely post but look what's happening every day. I remember when NSC sponsored a home game at Withdean. We gave M of M to Andy Crosby much to Micky Adams disgust who thought Kerry Mayo deserved it. Regular posters back in the day were Croydon Seagull (later to become Lush), Barnet Seagull, Man of Harveys, Brovian, Simster, Harts Shirt to name a few.
That wasn't when Bozza proposed on the centre circle was it? I didn't imagine that, right?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I think I must have signed up sometime in the late 90's after moving abroad for grad school. This did inspire me to look at some really old messages I had posted (the UI here makes it a bit annoying to find your way all the way to the start). I hardly recognize that guy. Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here