Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy 20th Birthday NSC?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's actually only this incarnation that's 20 years old. It's existed in other forms since about 1996. I first posted in about 98/99, but I know there are still a few regular posters (Simster and Wozza to name but two) who pre-date me.
Wozza was certainly there early on. I'd dipped into NSC and decided it was full of nutters and not for me. I bumped into Wozza in the queue at Orient (Shilton's 1000th game) and he persuaded me to give it another go as it had been tidied up and they'd got rid of all the cranks.

I logged on that evening, so I can actually date my NSC start (22 December 1996), coming up for 27 years ... gulp.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The previous incarnation of NSC was massive. Maybe even larger than this one? Along with all the usual stuff there were great SWATHES of posts about the stadium planning circus (ably presided over by the late great ringmaster Lord B) as well as endless passionate debates about the rights and wrongs of the Gulf War etc etc
What happened with that Gulf war thingy ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wozza was certainly there early on. I'd dipped into NSC and decided it was full of nutters and not for me. I bumped into Wozza in the queue at Orient (Shilton's 1000th game) and he persuaded me to give it another go as it had been tidied up and they'd got rid of all the cranks.

I logged on that evening, so I can actually date my NSC start (22 December 1996), coming up for 27 years ... gulp.
And the cranks Gwylan ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the original REMF stuff . . . . . And the finest thread ever, the Church of the Rev, via which I met Mrs Zef. We have been together 21 years, one month and 2 days.
How many hours?

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
I preferred the Mailing List. I was an NSC regular in a previous guise from around 98 but found the likes of FG so off putting I gave it a swerve for years. Thematically it was very IT guys with lashings of lad-maggery, dominated by those with a fast-ish workplace system, enjoying the chance to indulge in 'safe space' anonymized racism and homophobia. Home dialup was simply too expensive for grazing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Still annoyed I lost posts and my start date with #datagate

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, this particular incarnation followed Turkeygate, when everyone lost their post count.
Can't remember if it was related to Turkeygate, but there was one magical xmas where @Turkey fixed it for virtual snowflakes to drift down across the NSC Big Board. Quite magical it was :xmas: :love: Well at least it was for about 5 minutes until the board ground to a complete halt. Whereupon that magical festive feature was swiftly removed, never to be seen again :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't remember if it was related to Turkeygate, but there was one magical xmas where @Turkey fixed it for virtual snowflakes to drift down across the NSC Big Board. Quite magical it was :xmas: :love: Well at least it was for about 5 minutes until the board ground to a complete halt. Whereupon that magical festive feature was swiftly removed, never to be seen again :lol:
It was lovely.
No, Turkeygate and the missing post count was just before the July date in 2003. Nsc was restored, and as Watford Zero said, it was comedy gold.

Then a couple of weeks later, Bozza reset the whole thing with the previous incarnation of this present board, which is why most of the old timers have July 2003 as a start date.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Security is still an issue on here. I get hacked every fridat night …
I remember you hacking and impersonating me back in about 2005. Serves me right for having 'albion' as my password.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here