Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm not basing
He is reprehensible - and obviously will claim the attack on Israel is justifiable.

However in that interview he doesn’t not call for the “annihilation of Israel’ as misleadingly posted by Dr Eli but for the ‘facist government of Israel’ to be isolated.

Those complaining about ‘bias‘ in the links I posted fron the UN and Sky News a few days ago, should also be aware that Dr Eli is an Israeli propagandist conspiracy theorist who has excellent credentials in AI and dog whistles to Islamophobics - I’d be very suspect of anything that man posts on X frankly

I'm not basing it on anything Eli David said. Ghazi Hamad's words were: "Israel is a country that has no place on our lands. We must remove that country and (it) must be finished"

The interview asked him if that meant the annihilation of Israel and he replied, "Yes, of course".

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm not basing

I'm not basing it on anything Eli David said. Ghazi Hamad's words were: "Israel is a country that has no place on our lands. We must remove that country and (it) must be finished"

The interview asked him if that meant the annihilation of Israel and he replied, "Yes, of course".

Aah that is a completely different X tweet to the one I watched above and what I was commenting on and I think you misunderstood my post - my comments relating to the interview not saying Hamas was calling for the annihilation of Israel weren’t directed at what you were saying either but what Dr Eli was saying in the first X tweet post before you posted your James Cleverly tweet of the whole interview.

It doesn’t change the fact anything by Dr Eli is going to be biased against Palestinians/muslims though.

Having now watched the whole clip from your post - that Hamas speaker is bone chillingly dispicable.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Aah that is a completely different X tweet to the one I watched above and what I was commenting on and I think you misunderstood my post - my comments relating to the interview not saying Hamas was calling for the annihilation of Israel weren’t directed at what you were saying either but what Dr Eli was saying in the first X tweet post before you posted your James Everly tweet of the whole interview.

It doesn’t change the fact anything by Dr Eli is going to be biased against Palestinians/muslims though.

Yeah, I've come across a few tweets of his and the agenda is clear.

When I used the word "annihilation", I'd checked a few sources to find the full interview before commenting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not basing

That
You have to be an absolute twunt to post something like that on this thread. In fact, replace the tw and add ‘heartless c’ and the statement would be accurate. I do not wish ill on the whole of the Jewish faith, but perhaps a very sizeable minority, or perhaps just dismantling Israel would be a positive action?
One of us posted one specific vid to one specific post. The other one of us advocates 'dismantling Israel'. Guess which one of us is the kvnt?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Anybody supporting Israel’s treatment of palestinians is deluded. Just as is anybody supporting Hamas.
The isreali government actions are deplorable as are the actions of Hamas.

Palestinian civilians are innocent.

cleverly choosing to highlight one extremists view is misguided in my opinion. I am disgusted that our government will not support a ceasefire when thousands of innocent children are being killed, some would say murdered.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Except they do nothing of the sort, unless your narrative tells you that they do
Your blind support for a group/country/faith (call it what you will) betrays you. You must have a vested interest to be so blind to the evil that has been committed by BOTH sides. I have never seen you divulge this before, but it would at least offer some contexG to your viewpoint. If you have been entirely open about your reasons for supporting the Israelis then I have missed it, although any fair minded person cannot come to any conclusion other than both sides are culpable. How you can defend the death of EIGHT THOUSAND children is beyond me, how you can expect one side to steal homes and land from another while protected by so called ‘defence’ personal and there to be no anger, bitterness or desire for revenge is just stupid. As for snipers taking out kids for throwing rocks, well lucky me for not having been born a Palestinian!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Anybody supporting Israel’s treatment of palestinians is deluded. Just as is anybody supporting Hamas.
The isreali government actions are deplorable as are the actions of Hamas.

Palestinian civilians are innocent.

cleverly choosing to highlight one extremists view is misguided in my opinion. I am disgusted that our government will not support a ceasefire when thousands of innocent children are being killed, some would say murdered.

Some claim that as a nation we can do nothing, rather conveniently, whilst yet again we meddle and profit from the situation with overseas arms trading at length and out of harms reach.

Unfortunately we have two lapdogs in Sunak and Starmer with no real opposition to the present situation of Israels continued over agression from either front bench.

The release of hundreds of hostages unharmed by Hamas suggested to me they have / were showing willing to progress to talks without 'exterminating' either Israel or all Jews as some would claim .... and indeed that they would be keen to if some support could be found from the Western powers that could have influence and accomodate towards this

However our understanding or propaganda will not allow it.

To be clear, I don't condone either Hamas agression or that by Israel, but would like a direction of peace to be found for the Palestinian people.

Israel made it clear they were not willing to negotiate even during the ceasefire but that they would continue with their unrestrained aggression once hostages were released.

Leaders often do verbalise a very hard or aggressive stance and give threat, whether they might have at their disposal or be prepared to use a nuclear power or other terrifying weapons in declaring or defending different interests or for reasons of negotiation. Maybe in prevention of war.. or continuing with war.. no different to Thatcher, Bush, Blair, Putin, Kim and Trump and Netenyahu.

Is this Hamas so called spokesperson really that far from the norm with his statements, even if unpopular? Whilst wanting to be seen as strong talking and claiming he might like to annihilate Israel (whilst having no real power to do so), it's quite obvious the reality of what is actually occurring is quite the opposite.

I'd like to see at least a suspension of British arms trading with Israel which I would hope, as a starting point, would send a less supportive message to Israel of the Genocide that is taking place.

Someone made what I thought was a valid comment some time ago in that if peace is to be found here then history needs to start today. Even tomorrow for that matter. It needs a total change in attitude from all sides. Whataboutery doesn't really help.

I'll get me coat though cos i can't really be doing with the backlash from Sunak & Starmer boys, or other.

Last edited:

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
I don't know how the situation is resolved, I would hope with negotiation and compromise from all parties. Unfortunately I don't see that coming all the time that Israel is allowed to commit war crime with impunity. Apartheid or ethnic cleansing don't appear to be the options of a country being held to higher standards.
Or the leader of Hamas is on record saying he wants to wipe Israel completely away…. No squaring that circle with negotiation.
Always two sides

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
That

One of us posted one specific vid to one specific post. The other one of us advocates 'dismantling Israel'. Guess which one of us is the kvnt?
Always two sides, but one side is always morally superior and more accepted than the other, even though what they say/think is morally wrong and at best anti- Semitic, saying they wish ill on a very sizeable minority of the Jewish faith.
Not good.
I have never stated that I wish ill on a sizeable minority of any Muslim state.
I do however have a major problem with a religion which doesn’t tolerate other religions and must subjugate followers of other religions to follow it. Whose followers openly punish and kill those who don’t follow the scriptures, who stone women openly in the streets, and who allow their men to marry 12 year old girls.
Can’t think of another religion which allows this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That

Notice how I did not call for Israelis as a group of people to be targeted, just the taking apart of a regime that is not in any way humanitarian, that commits war crimes, and is practicing genocide.

I call for this to preserve as much human life as possible. What makes you unable to look for a compromise with the civilian Palestinian population?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yada yada yada.

.. so by that, should the opportunity even present itself, Hamas should not consider negotiating or finding compromise with Israel
If Israel wanted to kill all Palestinians, they could've done it on October the 8th. Without sending in troops on the ground & sustaining casualties of their own. Your post is both ridiculous & ignorant

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Always two sides, but one side is always morally superior and more accepted than the other, even though what they say/think is morally wrong and at best anti- Semitic, saying they wish ill on a very sizeable minority of the Jewish faith.
Not good.
I have never stated that I wish ill on a sizeable minority of any Muslim state.
I do however have a major problem with a religion which doesn’t tolerate other religions and must subjugate followers of other religions to follow it. Whose followers openly punish and kill those who don’t follow the scriptures, who stone women openly in the streets, and who allow their men to marry 12 year old girls.

How many Muslim countries allow marriage at 12 and stonings?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Understood, it is certainly an issue, but many Muslims do not allow or accept this kind of behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here