Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This is just insane - I asked weeks ago WTF just happened to the Human race when Israel started bombing mosques and schools but refugee camps - how is that even human ?! Our Government is sanctioning this 😡

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How anyone living in the free country we do, or even those elsewhere who post on here, can look at tonight's pictures on the news of Gaza and say it is deserved are deluded. Lives of innocent people are being exterminated by evil.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is just insane - I asked weeks ago WTF just happened to the Human race when Israel started bombing mosques and schools but refugee camps - how is that even human ?! Our Government is sanctioning this 😡

How anyone living in the free country we, do or even those elsewhere who post on here, can look at tonight's pictures on the news of Gaza and say it is deserved are deluded. Lives of innocent people are being exterminated by evil.
From the BBC:

The IDF spokesperson Daniel Hagari has confirmed that Israeli fighter jets carried out the attack on the Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza, which he said killed a senior commander and caused the collapse of Hamas's underground infrastructure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From the BBC:

The IDF spokesperson Daniel Hagari has confirmed that Israeli fighter jets carried out the attack on the Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza, which he said killed a senior commander and caused the collapse of Hamas's underground infrastructure.
And our f***ing government supports this? Beggars belief. It's so upsetting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How anyone living in the free country we do, or even those elsewhere who post on here, can look at tonight's pictures on the news of Gaza and say it is deserved are deluded. Lives of innocent people are being exterminated by evil.
This is true. But the caveat is that this is what Hamas wanted.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
8,000 deaths in 25 days of air strikes in a densely-packed area of 3 million people? It may be many things, but it's certainly not indiscriminate
Little bit of the usual media spin there. Nearly all other estimates put the population total at just over 2 million, across the whole of Gaza.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is true. But the caveat is that this is what Hamas wanted.
That may be the case Harry but let's take the moral high ground. I am hating the current position this government (total government as all main parties) are supporting Israel in everything they do. The general public I would suggest think differently. Too many are frightened of the anti-Semitic card but f***ing hell we can't sit by and allow slaughter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not sure it 'supports' it. It 'understands' it, and has decided to not waste it's breath grandstanding for a 'ceasefire'. In any case, Hamas won't agree to a ceasefire. Labour's position is much the same. What else are we supposed to do?

My former union has a total boycott on Israel. That has done nothing more than make its Palestinian supporters feel righteous. Hooray.

Hamas knows that it can put a commander in the middle of a hospital, school or refugee camp, and that Israel will attack it.

Both sides know exactly what will happen, and both sides are fully signed up to it.

The 'big man' response would have been for Israel to have not retaliated to the original attack. However Bibi had to attack because this is what his support demands.

And on it will go till there are no more Hamas rockets fired. It is already a genocide. Unless we (who is 'we', anyway?) invade Israel we can't stop it. And America underwrites Israel.

At the end of the day, unless the Hamas leadership are syphilitic cretins drunk on their own power and delusional, this was all part of a plan, and the plan was that Iran and Syria and Lebanon would join in a war to the death. That has not happened yet, and seems unlikely. So Hamas is now milking the outrage over the death of Palestinian civilians. while keeping up the pot shots at Israel to keep the pot simmering.

And what will happen? Thousands more will die. Hamas will eventually stop firing. Hamas will then regroup. Gaza will be rebuilt to a fashion. In a few years it will be 'rinse and repeat'. Sadly I suspect this episode will also cement Likud and it's lunatic partners in place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That may be the case Harry but let's take the moral high ground. I am hating the current position this government (total government as all main parties) are supporting Israel in everything they do. The general public I would suggest think differently. Too many are frightened of the anti-Semitic card but f***ing hell we can't sit by and allow slaughter.
What are you going to do other than emote? Boycott 'Friday Night Dinner'?

We are powerless. We do not have an independent say in the state of the world. We cannot touch Israel, China, India, Brazil or indeed America. We are small and irrelevant.

All we can do is support peace, and support reconciliation. I am certainly not going to start campaigning outside the local synagogue or Mosque. There will be plenty of others out there who will attack Jews and Muslims according to preference.

I haven't looked into Sunak's level of support for Israel (mostly because I am not interested in what the little **** thinks). Labour have not petitioned for a ceasefire but this is heavily caveated. Both positions are relevant to one thing only - how it will affect voting at the next general election. In the wider context the position is about as relevant as my position on Chelsea's transfer policy.

I mean, FFS, we can't even boycott China, which sells us stuff we could refuse to buy, like out cellphones, televisions and cars. What are we going to boycott Israel over? Or Palestine? They don't sell us anything and hardly anyone goes on holiday there. The only thing we have left is to invade.

I think the best we can do as individuals is try to be calm and kind.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wouldn't be too surprised by our Government's support really. Nothing much changes.

And if anyone wants to just dismiss that as all in the past. Then you can read this from today as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Clearly doesn't matter to the Israeli's how many children or women they kill just as long as they can justify the strike for taking out a SINGLE Hamas member. Nothing but terrorists which our government are supporting.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The atrocities on both sides have been appalling. Biden’s words of advice for Israel not to act in haste or over-react fell on deaf ears. Israel could have chosen to keep the moral high ground over a bunch of terrorists but are now proving to be no better and if they continue on that path they will increasingly lose support.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Clearly doesn't matter to the Israeli's how many children or women they kill just as long as they can justify the strike for taking out a SINGLE Hamas member. Nothing but terrorists which our government are supporting.
Don’t forget the tunnels…
I’m just shocked this is allowed to happen, I think as someone said this is what Hamas wanted, the world possibly to turn on Israel and we maybe falling into place. How can you not condemn this quite literally overkill by Israel.

Sickened by our Government’s lack of morals.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wouldn't be too surprised by our Government's support really. Nothing much changes.

And if anyone wants to just dismiss that as all in the past. Then you can read this from today as well.

I also noticed that interesting report on the current British view of Mau Mau 'terrorists' on channel 4 news.

And I'm sorry @Harry Wilson's tackle but we shouldn't stand back and accept it. I know that Sunak won't do anything (and Braverman's latest disgusting rant makes that obvious) and I understand why Starmer doesn't want to resurrect the whole Anti Semitism thing, but we're way beyond that now.

There has to be a ceasefire now and anybody not supporting this is either directly or tacitly supporting the killing of innocent civilians from both sides, plain and simple :shrug:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Their other Islamophobic trope is that Muslims want to take the world back to the Stone Age.
Well they are heading in the right direction with flattening Gaza but I fear a greater Islamophobic trope is one wrapped in the guise of the Great Replacement Theory being trotted out by our own right wing politicians at Home, Cruella Braverman in particular - is it surprising that a politician who would deport legal migrants to Rwanda would also demonise and stereotype British Palestinians?

The GRT is used as a political agenda that creates a climate of fear around immigration policies that welcome immigrants - it is a theory that rejects multiculturalism as the means by which white populations will be overtaken by non-whites, muslim refugees etc

It’s not a theory however - it’s a real far-right belief that’s finding its way into mainstream European politics - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65324319.amp

And in the UK, it begins with demonising and stereotyping non-white British citizens especially Muslims….and sending migrants to Rwanda. It is a Theory that lies at the heart of Religious Zionism.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
View attachment 168596

Celtic fans will be displaying pro-Palestian banners at tonights game v Atletico https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-67215217

Stay classy.

View attachment 168596

Celtic fans will be displaying pro-Palestian banners at tonights game v Atletico https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-67215217

Stay classy
And now the club have suspended all of the Green Brigade's season tickets until further notice

Just had to push it, didn't they.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
And now the club have suspended all of the Green Brigade's season tickets until further notice

Just had to push it, didn't they

Fair play to them for standing up for what they believe in and not backing down to threats.

I am finding the anti-Israeli backlash interesting, it's becoming widespread and challenging authority and the west's long held orthodoxy in its position on israel. Possibly dangerous in the long run too, the sooner Western govs start to recognise the nuance in this situation the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here