[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

This is worth a listen.

Thanks for the update Jonathan, but you're deluded if think smashing Hamas will be the end of all this.

Its a tragic situation. As we discovered with Northern Ireland you have to get round the table with your enemies. The current Israeli far right regime has failed, they've clearly made things worse.

We've seen over 1000 hits in Gaza in 24 hours, are they really all Hamas targets?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unfortunately in some cases it’s hard to tell the difference whether it is anti Israeli or anti Jewish or both . A lot of the protestors for the Palestinian rally are quite aggressively chanting loudly & it’s difficult on video to make out exactly what is being said . Lots of videos on Twitter . Just search Kensington high street . Lots of police in Kensington monitoring and some criminal damage apparently by the protestors has been reported . On some of the videos you can clearly see some men claiming up onto buildings and spraying buildings with slogans . The met police have tweeted about the criminal damage .

Compare that to the show of support for Israel near Downing Street at roughly the same time , no criminal damage reported , no aggressive chanting .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks for the update Jonathan, but you're deluded if think smashing Hamas will be the end of all this.

Its a tragic situation. As we discovered with Northern Ireland you have to get round the table with your enemies. The current Israeli far right regime has failed, they've clearly made things worse.

We've seen over 1000 hits in Gaza in 24 hours, are they really all Hamas targets?
As you're already aware the Israeli government are probably going to use this 'war' to its end.
I think Johnathan is reading from an autocue, probably not all his POV.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure why @aolstudios thinks my last post funny?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your question reminds of the days of the IRA, when they were setting of IED's in London.
Scary stuff, if you've been near it.
Brother at Victoria when bomb went off early 80s. Auntie in law in shop opposite Harrods when IRA bomb went off, was showered in glass. I was drinking in pubs destroyed just a few hours later by Manchester IRA bomb early 90s. We all have similar stories to tell I guess. Just part of everyday life in 70s and 80s.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Brother at Victoria when bomb went off early 80s. Auntie in law in shop opposite Harrods when IRA bomb went off, was showered in glass. I was drinking in pubs destroyed just a few hours later by Manchester IRA bomb early 90s. We all have similar stories to tell I guess. Just part of everyday life in 70s and 80s.
That's unreal chap.
For me it was at Earls Court April 1996.
Luckily no one was hurt.
I was in a nearby building on a resettlement course after leaving RAF.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Unfortunately in some cases it’s hard to tell the difference whether it is anti Israeli or anti Jewish or both . A lot of the protestors for the Palestinian rally are quite aggressively chanting loudly & it’s difficult on video to make out exactly what is being said . Lots of videos on Twitter . Just search Kensington high street . Lots of police in Kensington monitoring and some criminal damage apparently by the protestors has been reported . On some of the videos you can clearly see some men claiming up onto buildings and spraying buildings with slogans . The met police have tweeted about the criminal damage .

Compare that to the show of support for Israel near Downing Street at roughly the same time , no criminal damage reported , no aggressive chanting .
We need to start batoning and tear gasing these idiots, this is our country not theirs and how dare they bring their hate and bile here. Celebrating the barbaric deaths of executed elderly women, children, youngsters attending a concert - who the hell do they think they are revelling in such atrocities? Teach ‘em a lesson they’ll never forget but of course we’re so soft as to be complicit, like some political parties, in the current wave of anti semitism happening right here. Tony Blooms country. Our country.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's unreal chap.
For me it was at Earls Court April 1996.
Luckily no one was hurt.
I was in a nearby building on a resettlement course after leaving RAF.
I had driven past Canary Wharf 1/2 hour before the bomb on 09/02/96

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We need to start batoning and tear gasing these idiots, this is our country not theirs and how dare they bring their hate and bile here. Celebrating the barbaric deaths of executed elderly women, children, youngsters attending a concert - who the hell do they think they are revelling in such atrocities? Teach ‘em a lesson they’ll never forget but of course we’re so soft as to be complicit, like some political parties, in the current wave of anti semitism happening right here. Tony Blooms country. Our country.
We've already pretty much outlawed peaceful protest, we don't need tear gas as well.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Indeed - widespread violence and repression by the forces of the state will solve all the problems.

Not to mention that you are making major assumptions about what people are doing and saying.

But then again - right-wing individuals do tend to jump in with both feet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We've already pretty much outlawed peaceful protest, we don't need tear gas as well.
We do when these subhumans are creating fear in such a loathsome manner.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
This isn't our country, this should be a country where we should embrace different cultures and ethnicities.
I have a friend who worships Islam, he is a perfectly fine human being who is great to have as a friend, imagine him having to hear this abuse everyday? It is saddening.
I'm proud to live in such a diverse community, the majority of Muslims in the UK (and across the world) are not "terrorists" as you might think they are, they are people just like us who want to go about their daily lives in peace and with respect.

Last edited:

Hemed10

Oct 9, 2023
#486 Because he knows right from wrong unlike many of you. There's good people and bad people. Not everyone has the same value because they dont contribute as much.

#484 Let them be anti Jewish if they want, no one care what they think. We have magazines, TV, Hollywood, music, everything, what do they have? There is only one outcame (the fair one).

#461 Joking? No one likes Netanyahu. He is very weak. Intelligent people here said it for years, "go take back what is ours and get rid of the brutes" but Netanyahu don't want to go there because of public relations or whatever. And look now, so weak to look for the excuse. Cost hundreds of Jewish lives. Everyone knows that Mossad knew and Netanyahu just let it happen. But if we get rid of the Palestinians and Iran for good, then worth it of course. But he still needs to prove himself. Too soft and too weak for too long and must fix it now or f*** off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Indeed - widespread violence and repression by the forces of the state will solve all the problems.

Not to mention that you are making major assumptions about what people are doing and saying.

But then again - right-wing individuals do tend to jump in with both feet.
So you’ve not seen the anti semantic chants, videos, graffiti, and damage in our capital? But then left wing liberal anti semites tend to turn a blind eye to that sort of thing eh Jeremy? :)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You have to hand it Bibi and his gang. They get elected by being the 'say no to Palestine' party. Then, guess what, like the lazy self-absorbed fuckers they are, they fail to notice that Hezbollah are planning a outrage. Then, after that, they go into full smiting mode. Reminds me of Thatcher and the Falklands (Thatcher was warned what the Argies were up to; we shall never know whether Mossad had warned Bibi to sort himself out).

Lazy, vindictive and racist.

2. No intention of securing a lasting peace with the Palestinians whatsoever. I appreciate they are not the easiest to negotiate with, but still.

If Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin were alive today, they'd turn in their graves.
1. I think you meant Hamas 😉

Things would be incredibly serious for the whole region if Hezbollah attacked Israel - in the 2006 Lebanon war, Hezbollah had around 15,000 top of the range missiles provided by Iran and Syria - today they probably have 10 x that - the whole of Israel would be vulnerable to missile attack not just the South or northern borders. Having said that, there have been skirmishes on the Lebanese border with Hezbollah in the past 48 hours.

Israel launching a major ground attack into Gaza would also risk bringing the West Bank Palestinian militants into the conflict and Israel would be fighting a terrorist campaign on three fronts …at which point, the conflict would take in a whole new trajectory…as Hamas is probably the most independently operating group (from Iran or Syria) compared to Hezbollah or the Palestinian Islamic Jihadists etc

2. Hamas has certainly served as a justification in the eyes of Netanyahu for not withdrawing occupation or conceding control of the OPT - but the latest atrocities by Hamas will be seen as self-fulfilling prophecy by many impartial observers of Netanyahu’s government whilst taken as a vindication by Israel (As the IDL video above demonstrates) . A more conciliatory approach to the Palestinians plight from the international stage had put more pressure on Israel in recent years to relinquish the control of the OPT and agree to a two state solution/peace settlement…. something that Netanyahu never had the intention of doing anyway as you say … that pressure will now quietly dissipate in the face of the immediate threats to Israel’s security.

EDIT - just heard on CNN it’s now 150,000

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember that last time 'subhumans' was used to catagorise people - back in the 1930s it was.
It was today actually, and don’t even go there with your veiled Nazi comparison. Of all the things to say on this thread. Clumsy or are you deliberately being a c unt? Which is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports