Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus urges fans to wear Green and Black for Pompey game!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
My comments were opinion, based on how the shirts are produced. I bow to your knowledge about the kids shirts, I wasn't aware of that, which is good news, hopefully, as you say, the adults ones will be like that in the fullness. I guess there is enough demand, or perhaps the club are not taking such a hefty cut to make the shirts in the way the fans have asked. On the kids shirts are the logos in full colour on a black background?

Damn, I know what this means, I will have to buy another for the completeness of the collection.

The club shop have confirmed to me that they will have shirts with the logo directly on them in the future. It was an error which lead to the black iron on sponsors.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The club shop have confirmed to me that they will have shirts with the logo directly on them in the future. It was an error which lead to the black iron on sponsors.

They told me that it was because they'd not confirmed the sponsor when they first ordered the shirts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Blimey, this is going to get expensive, seeing as the fans shirts are marked as 'REPLICA' that means there will also be the official players specification shirts to add in to the equation. Might have to save up a few pennies

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
brighton-and-hove-albion-away-football-shirt-2002-2004-s_56_1.jpg

going with this classic

We wore that the last time we went to Fratton Park.

And lost.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didnt go but are you sure as that seems quite a clash with Pompeys all blue?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wouldn't be seen dead in green and black.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Not sure which shirt I will pick but in any event it will be either blue & white, blue & white or blue & white. Sorry Gus.

DanielT

i like the green and black kit, but hadn't noticed the logo was ironed on until reading this and then looking yesterday. It does look bad once you notice it, and there's no way I am shelling out for a shirt that will annoy me once the proper ones come out!

edit: just called club shop and they "are expecting them some time around the end of the month"

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The sponsor on the green and black shirt just looks awful, and you can see it peeling off after a few washes, just as the old IT first ones did.
New home shirt is much classier, looks generally nicer and the sponsor is incorporated in the shirt.

I'll be wearing my Ribero home kit with the TSB sponsor anyway :thumbsup:

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
Dont suppose the sponsor could be fully taken off without some rubbish marks? Because the full length green and black stripes would look niiiice!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I would like one of the green and black away shirts but the only ones in stock are the crappy ones with the sponsor logo stuck on top of the shirt, rather than being stiched into the design, as is the case with the actual team's shirts.

I asked a member of staff about this and she told me that they'd get more of the "proper" ones in once they'd sold the current lot. So I have to hope that enough mugs buy this half arsed version so I can get my hands on the nice one

I had one of the "crappy" versions with the sponsor logo stuck on top of the shirt but I had to change it as there was a loose thread around the neck. Same thing happened with the second one without me even wearing it. Now the shop say the new batch is on the way, which incidentally will have the logo stitched into the design like the home shirt so I'm waiting until next week for this shirt to make an appearance. Just letting everyone know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here