Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus urges fans to wear Green and Black for Pompey game!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody hell, we really are turning into a dictatorship!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he's just doing his bit for the marketing department

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
as much as I'd like to go in away colours, I couldn't justify spending an extra £70 on a shirt for me and the boy, having just bought the home strip. Don't think I have a green and black top either. So I'm going to look the odd one out I guess.......

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
as much as I'd like to go in away colours, I couldn't justify spending an extra £70 on a shirt for me and the boy, having just bought the home strip. Don't think I have a green and black top either. So I'm going to look the odd one out I guess.......

doubt it

pompey isnt exactly the most hospitible place to be walking about with colours on. unless you like the feeling of being spat on

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just found my old red/pink and white TSB shirt, which is what ill be wearing.

Actually that was the shirt we were wearing last time I went to Pompey. 0-0 thrashing according the Barry Lloyd.

We went down that year, although as the game was the beginning of the season before we sold Byrne.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
All aboard the cash generating monster. Ching-ching. :rolleyes:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I would like one of the green and black away shirts but the only ones in stock are the crappy ones with the sponsor logo stuck on top of the shirt, rather than being stiched into the design, as is the case with the actual team's shirts.

I asked a member of staff about this and she told me that they'd get more of the "proper" ones in once they'd sold the current lot. So I have to hope that enough mugs buy this half arsed version so I can get my hands on the nice one

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It does say wearing the away strip or otherwise - if you haven't got it/can't afford it, just wear some green or black clothes. It would look awesome if the whole away end was in away colours.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would like one of the green and black away shirts but the only ones in stock are the crappy ones with the sponsor logo stuck on top of the shirt, rather than being stiched into the design, as is the case with the actual team's shirts.

I asked a member of staff about this and she told me that they'd get more of the "proper" ones in once they'd sold the current lot. So I have to hope that enough mugs buy this half arsed version so I can get my hands on the nice one

Don't hold your breath, the blue and white ones have the sponsors logo printed on after manufacture, the shirts are made as a plain blue and white striped shirt with a white box in the middle. The logo is on a white background so the post digital printing process can do this. On the green and black shirts, the stripes run all the way down the front under the heat pressed sponsor logo, there is no white patch for the sponsors logo to be printed on. The only way it will happen is if Errea make a special green and black stripe shirt, with a white patch in the middle, or at worst a green patch in the middle and print the logo in black only. I doubt there will be enough demand for this shirt for this to happen, but I like you, would prefer this option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does say wearing the away strip or otherwise - if you haven't got it/can't afford it, just wear some green or black clothes. It would look awesome if the whole away end was in away colours.
I shall wear green and black, but not the official.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'll be sticking to my customary blue and white scarf.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Don't hold your breath, the blue and white ones have the sponsors logo printed on after manufacture, the shirts are made as a plain blue and white striped shirt with a white box in the middle. The logo is on a white background so the post digital printing process can do this. On the green and black shirts, the stripes run all the way down the front under the heat pressed sponsor logo, there is no white patch for the sponsors logo to be printed on. The only way it will happen is if Errea make a special green and black stripe shirt, with a white patch in the middle, or at worst a green patch in the middle and print the logo in black only. I doubt there will be enough demand for this shirt for this to happen, but I like you, would prefer this option.

So howcome the children's shirts have the sponsor logo printed on rather than stuck on top?

I'm not doubting your superior knowledge of football shirts, I'm just genuinely curious

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So howcome the children's shirts have the sponsor logo printed on rather than stuck on top?

I'm not doubting your superior knowledge of football shirts, I'm just genuinely curious

My comments were opinion, based on how the shirts are produced. I bow to your knowledge about the kids shirts, I wasn't aware of that, which is good news, hopefully, as you say, the adults ones will be like that in the fullness. I guess there is enough demand, or perhaps the club are not taking such a hefty cut to make the shirts in the way the fans have asked. On the kids shirts are the logos in full colour on a black background?

Damn, I know what this means, I will have to buy another for the completeness of the collection.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
brighton-and-hove-albion-away-football-shirt-2002-2004-s_56_1.jpg

going with this classic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here