Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus throws his name in the cap to replace Redknapp at Spurs

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We played like Osvaldo Ardiles' Spurs side today. Maybe Gus' is rehearsing for the White Hart Lane job :fishing:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To be honest it wouldn't bother me if he did go. Would rather someone come in who see's his future with Brighton rather than using us as a stepping stone. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut a concentrate on our team.

on this point i totally agree with you, Gus is a good manager and will one day manage in the prem, but i do get pissed off that he whores himself out to often. All managers aspire to it.

No doubt the sky article maybe sensationalised, but the usual protocol for managers under contract is to do your best where you are and if a club approaches Bloom and if Bloom allows manager to talk, then manager talks, then if compensation agreed, manager can go.

Until then you say nothing, keep your head down and work your hardest for those who have given you a long contract.

there is to much talk from Gus about things that are not related to his contracted and paid position as manager of Brighton. Bloom needs to subtly clip his wings and tell him to concentrate solely on Brighton, not prem jobs or suarez or chelsea etc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is he playing up to it though? I don't mind anybody leaving us if they deserve a chance at a higher level because they have served us incredibly well and have proved they should be higher than we can take them. But a third division title and £6 million paid out on a bunch of mid-table Championship players does not qualify the man for the third-best club in the land. Again, in my opinion.

... which is why Spurs won't be interested in him.

Two-bit hacks merely put two and two together, cobble together some very selective quotes, come up with their own story, and peddle any shit they like.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...
Harry Redknapp appears to have got the Spurs job based on one 3rd division title, and one second division title/FA Cup win which nearly bankrupted the club he managed.

Are either of you really sure Gus Poyets deserves the Spurs job any less?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What a load of bullshit. Re-hashed quotes to look like he's asking to be considered for the Tottenham job, but if you actually read the quotes they are more general and the same stuff he's being saying for a while now - if he doesn't get to the Premiership with us within the timeframe he's set for himself he'll do it with someone else.

This , these quotes are months apart.When Gus goes it will be out of the blue he is fcuking mental, we all know that it`s part of why we love him, he will disagree with Tony they will fall out and Gus will jack, i just hope it does not happen just yet

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If offered the Spurs job he would RUN from The Amex to London to sign up if he had to. He'd be off like a shot and let's not kid ourselves that the truth is any different. When asked a question like that, he obviously can't say that he'd love the job and wants to be considered. So he has two options.

He's touting his arse around. In my opinion of course.

And yet bizarrely you make the first statement in a way that suggests you know it's a fact ???

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I've said it before - it doesn't look like we'll go up this year. If, at some point through next season it doesn't look likely either, then he'll be gone at the first opportunity.

I can't see him just going, the offer would have to be right for Gus. Lets be honest if QPR, Wigan, Blackburn or any club in the bottom half of the premier league were to come in for Gus, why would he leave what he has here at the Albion? He has a fantastic chairman who will back him (unlike Blackburn currently have), he has a terrific squad of players to work with, which he is moulding nicely, the stadium, the future plans. I really can't see it. IF and this is a big IF, Tottenham wanted him to replace Harry, then he would go. But I can't see Tottenham being interested in Gus for a few years yet, not until he has established himself as an established top flight manager.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Poyet will have a Premier League test on Sunday when his side travel to Liverpool in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Well, that will have impressed Daniel levy!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I can't see him just going, the offer would have to be right for Gus. Lets be honest if QPR, Wigan, Blackburn or any club in the bottom half of the premier league were to come in for Gus, why would he leave what he has here at the Albion? He has a fantastic chairman who will back him (unlike Blackburn currently have), he has a terrific squad of players to work with, which he is moulding nicely, the stadium, the future plans. I really can't see it. IF and this is a big IF, Tottenham wanted him to replace Harry, then he would go. But I can't see Tottenham being interested in Gus for a few years yet, not until he has established himself as an established top flight manager.

Purely in my opinion, of course, but he wants to get there pretty quickly, and he's not going to be offered a top 6 job, so choices are limited. Why not someone like QPR - they have money, they're in the prem - any decent manager who backed himself, would think he could take a team in relegation zone and keep them up. Any prem job that came up, except a basket case like Blackburn, it wouldn't surprise me if he took it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Harry Redknapp appears to have got the Spurs job based on one 3rd division title, and one second division title/FA Cup win which nearly bankrupted the club he managed.

Are either of you really sure Gus Poyets deserves the Spurs job any less?

Galling though it is to say it, Harry has raised the quality bar at Spurs into a top three side.

If Spurs were the mid-table huggers of previous years, I'd say Gus would have a bigger shout.

Not now, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here