Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus throws his name in the cap to replace Redknapp at Spurs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a load of bullshit. Re-hashed quotes to look like he's asking to be considered for the Tottenham job, but if you actually read the quotes they are more general and the same stuff he's being saying for a while now - if he doesn't get to the Premiership with us within the timeframe he's set for himself he'll do it with someone else.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does he not give himself six years to get there? Or am I misreading that quote?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Taken out of context , Gus has said he wants to manage in the Prem with the Albion but if it doesn't happen in the next 3 to 4 years he will be open to invites from the top clubs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Harry not been offered anything yet and IMHO he won't and has anyone actually heard Gus he wanted the job I doubt this its just a bit of media hype because they have feck all else to do

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
To be honest it wouldn't bother me if he did go. Would rather someone come in who see's his future with Brighton rather than using us as a stepping stone. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut a concentrate on our team.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Just wish Gus would keep his mouth shut. Getting boring with him banging on about wanting to manage a top club. He needs to reprimanded.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rehashed quotes placed out of context.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just wish Gus would keep his mouth shut. Getting boring with him banging on about wanting to manage a top club. He needs to reprimanded.

All these articles come from one old interview, he's not continually going on about it, it's the media rehashing stuff to create stories and make them look current/relevant to existing items of interest to the footballing public at large.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
To be honest it wouldn't bother me if he did go. Would rather someone come in who see's his future with Brighton rather than using us as a stepping stone. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut a concentrate on our team.

Well it's an opinion I suppose but I imagine a vast majority of us disagree. Managers like Gus don't grow on trees.

Any manager wants to get to the top of their profession and no one goes into it just because they like one club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Win today and the hype will move up a notch.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
All these articles come from one old interview, he's not continually going on about it, it's the media rehashing stuff to create stories and make them look current/relevant to existing items of interest to the footballing public at large.

But it'll only a matter of time before clubs get the wrong idea and think maybe he's not happy here. These stories send out the wrong signals.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon

Absolutely this, relax people its fabricated nonsense, all they have done is sew a bunch of Gus quotes and make it seem like Gus is waving his C.V in Tottenham's direction. They've conveniently missed his quote from the Liverpool press conference where he says, his best chance of managing in the Premier league is with Brighton.

The next question is do any of you actually believe that a team third in the Premier league, who have a chance to win it would seriously choose a man with only two years experience as the best option for them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here