Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
'Are you a benny tied to a tree ?'
'No'
'Benny on the loose !...'

Something like that.

Yep, but what did it matter if you we're a benny on the loose as opposed to tied to a tree?!! And why would you be tied to a tree anyway?!! Who came up with this shit in the first place?!

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Well this helps to solve the mystery of how Barnes always got into the starting 11.
Or perhaps ...ahem.... he was worth a place, putting in a good hard working shift every time he was picked, and was slated by many for every little error whilst others got away scot free?? In my opinion ..

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Barnes was the best player in some of the final games and the only one who was really switched on against Palace, stick him up front and he will play well.

This. I was actually one of Barnes biggest critics, but when he came back from his ban he seemed a different player and he should have started the home game against Palace. I think him and Ulloa could become an effective partnership if played alongside each other.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Barnes was the best player in some of the final games and the only one who was really switched on against Palace, stick him up front and he will play well.

I thought he was banned for the majority of our "final games" !!!!! To be fair he did "switch on" when he came on - what with 20 minutes to go, his first touch nearly a goal. But, I think your over egging the Barnes end of season effect!! Personally the big end of season effect and most switched on in final run of games was ... Upson

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
This. I was actually one of Barnes biggest critics, but when he came back from his ban he seemed a different player and he should have started the home game against Palace. I think him and Ulloa could become an effective partnership if played alongside each other.

I agree but didn't you worry a little everytime he attempted a tackle or chased a player down the field about the outcome?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Did live in Hassocks, his twitter feed now says different. As it happens he is travelling back from Newcastle for pre season as I type this.

He did not live in Hassocks. People cannot even speculate accurately about where players live, let alone the managerial merry go round.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Yep, but what did it matter if you we're a benny on the loose as opposed to tied to a tree?!! And why would you be tied to a tree anyway?!! Who came up with this shit in the first place?!

Well I suppose the implication was that a benny on the loose was dangerous and predatory, so one tied to a tree was in essence neutralised.

Am I really having this conversation ? *Shakes head and wakes up*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports