Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus now bookies favourite for Leeds job

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What would people on here think of a straight swap of managers with Leeds. I think that Warnock is a good manager proven at this level and proven to be able to get a team promoted to the Prem but would prefer to keep Gus.
absolutely not.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Actually the Leeds fans put the success at the time when Gus was at Leeds down to Denis Wise.......i know i was shocked as well. A couple of months ago when Warnock stated he would not be in charge next season, the fans preferred Adkins to Gus.

Really? Couple of Leeds fans I know have the complete opposite view, backed up by the fact that their results seemed to fall apart a bit after that stunning start to wipe out the 15 point deficit when Poyet left for Spurs and Harry Bassett went in as number two.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Really? Couple of Leeds fans I know have the complete opposite view, backed up by the fact that their results seemed to fall apart a bit after that stunning start to wipe out the 15 point deficit when Poyet left for Spurs and Harry Bassett went in as number two.

Hmmm, i can't argue Rod, just what iv'e heard from the Leeds fans that i know.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Hmmm, i can't argue Rod, just what iv'e heard from the Leeds fans that i know.

Fair enough. I can understand why, regardless of what they make of Poyet's previous contribution to the club, that they would have preferred Adkins however given that he resurrected one former Premier League side in Southampton back to those heights and I dare say he would have done it again at Leeds. A much more solid choice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fair enough. I can understand why, regardless of what they make of Poyet's previous contribution to the club, that they would have preferred Adkins however given that he resurrected one former Premier League side in Southampton back to those heights and I dare say he would have done it again at Leeds. A much more solid choice.

Interesting to see who they get. I think the financial input will have a bearing on who takes the job.......bit far for spendthrift Harry eh. :D

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What would people on here think of a straight swap of managers with Leeds. I think that Warnock is a good manager proven at this level and proven to be able to get a team promoted to the Prem but would prefer to keep Gus.

I'd rather peel my own eyes tbh

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You really are the biggest cock on this board. Not quite the thickest because there is some quite serious competition for that title, but you're probably in the top twenty.

Oh and this from the guy with one brain cell who has to follow the crowd because he may get lost on his own! lol

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a complete load of twaddle. I can accept that a manager may get lucky and be in the right place at the right time but Warnock has got promoted SEVEN times in his career. Lucky once, yes; maybe twice, but seven - no chance. He's also taken three sides to the PL and we all know how tough it is to break out of this league. He gets sides punching well above his weight.

And as for no flairtastic foreign players wanting to play for him. Who was the guy who got Abel Taarabt playing out of his skin and winning Championship player of the year? Was that some foreign manager.

You have the nerve to talk about lazy journalism when you can't even bothered to check any aspect of Warnock's career but dismiss him because he hasn't got a foreign name.

I think Warnock would be too old to be Brighton's manager now but I'd have welcomed him in the past. He's got a fantastic record with clubs - and he's said a lot of nice things about Brighton to boot.

The most sensible post on here about Warnock he is perhaps too old now for a last fling but on ability in this division he is up with the best.

Stumpy Tim

Warnock has done many good jobs at clubs during his career, and he has said he would like to manage Brighton one day. But Bloom has brought into the "Identity" vision Gus has pushed - I don't see Bloom spending 3-4 years building a club around a particular style, and then bringing in Warnock. That makes no sense whatsoever

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Stick to Football Rumours

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Try upping the dose?

D

Deleted member 22389

Until I see it in the papers "Gus in talks" then this will be the only time I view this thread. Because at the moment, I don't believe a word of it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Warnock's been looking to get out all season as the owners apparently have no money, so why would Gus go there? Selling 10% means very little when the whole financial set-up remains so murky.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Warnock symbolises everything that is wrong with the managerial system and the English game in general. He is a useless old moron who has got lucky a few times so now circulates round the clubs, polluting the English game with trod terrible hoof it style (that symbolises the innate problems of English football psychology). If we ever stooped so low as to appoint someone as useless as him, of course I would still give my full support to the team, but I would be seriously conceded for our future (what flairtastic foreign player would willingly want to play under a boring middle aged White guy!). So in conclusion, you are wrong.

Oh and why the hell would poyet go to Leeds!? This is just terrible lazy journalism. Because they can't find out who actually might take the Leeds job, they have decided toblink the man who was once in a role at Leeds (and has stated how much respect he has for the club), so oh! He MUST be on his way immediately.
Could'nt agree more...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Until I see it in the papers "Gus in talks" then this will be the only time I view this thread. Because at the moment, I don't believe a word of it.

I believe that the bookies have Gus as favourite but then bookies are happy to take anyone's money.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet is the latest name to top the bookies odds for the Leeds United managers job.

Poyet, who spent time at Elland Road as Assistant Manager to Dennis Wise, was recently linked with a move to Reading following the dismissal of Brian McDermott, the bookies second favourite to replace Neil Warnock at odds of 11/4.

The former Chelsea midfielder rejected Reading’s advances, instead deciding to continue his work at promotion chasing Brighton who are currently placed 7th in Championship, level on points with Leicester City who occupy the final play-off position.

Previous favourite Paolo Di Canio has slipped back down to 10/1, perhaps as a result of comments made by Neil Warnock who told a press conference earlier today that he thinks 3-4 good managers will become available in the summer, urging the owners of Leeds United to be patient in making their choice.

Leeds United resume their Championship schedule following the international break at 19th placed Ipswich Town on Saturday. Seven points adrift of the play-off places with only eight games remaining, Neil Warnock insists his side haven’t thrown the towel in yet.

It`s about time for Sky to be told to stop this ,stupid gamblers are going to throw a shed load more money at them,we all know Gus is going nowhere this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here