Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus now bookies favourite for Leeds job

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and in the meantime, pile in on the second favourite.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I do know that the new owners are mega rich. The purse strings have been withheld this season until the new manager is in place.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
What would people on here think of a straight swap of managers with Leeds. I think that Warnock is a good manager proven at this level and proven to be able to get a team promoted to the Prem but would prefer to keep Gus.

Warnock symbolises everything that is wrong with the managerial system and the English game in general. He is a useless old moron who has got lucky a few times so now circulates round the clubs, polluting the English game with trod terrible hoof it style (that symbolises the innate problems of English football psychology). If we ever stooped so low as to appoint someone as useless as him, of course I would still give my full support to the team, but I would be seriously conceded for our future (what flairtastic foreign player would willingly want to play under a boring middle aged White guy!). So in conclusion, you are wrong.

Oh and why the hell would poyet go to Leeds!? This is just terrible lazy journalism. Because they can't find out who actually might take the Leeds job, they have decided toblink the man who was once in a role at Leeds (and has stated how much respect he has for the club), so oh! He MUST be on his way immediately.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What cloud? They have just re-financed.

Maybe this is why he turned down Reading?

Apparently the "new" owners are already looking to sell - will probably know for sure at the end of the season.

Either way, were going to finish above Leeds and were a forward moving club, I can't see him leaving us for them now.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Apparently the "new" owners are already looking to sell - will probably know for sure at the end of the season.

Either way, were going to finish above Leeds and were a forward moving club, I can't see him leaving us for them now.

Do keep up at the back. The owners have sold only 10% of the Leeds shares to raise some money, they do not wish to sell the Club. Take a look at the BBC Website.

If they have money, Poyet will be off there in a flash after we could not even find the money for a loan striker for a few weeks.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
A friend of mine applied for a menswear sales assistant position in my Local Debenhams store. Unfortunately when he handed in his c.v he was told that Gus had been lined up for the role.
Just saying

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do keep up at the back. The owners have sold only 10% of the Leeds shares to raise some money, they do not wish to sell the Club. Take a look at the BBC Website.

If they have money, Poyet will be off there in a flash after we could not even find the money for a loan striker for a few weeks.

You really are the biggest cock on this board. Not quite the thickest because there is some quite serious competition for that title, but you're probably in the top twenty.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

With respect, they are not looking to sell.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Correct. From TODAY.
"Leeds United's owners, GFH Capital, have sold a 10 per cent stake in the club to Bahrain-based International Investment Bank. There has been uncertainty over GFH Capital's intentions for the club, with some suggestions that they were looking to sell up completely. However it appears GFH is recruiting "strategic investors" to strengthen the club's financial position, which it believes is necessary if Leeds are to regain their former status as a Premier League giant"
GLORY GLORY LEEDS UNITED

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Next year though FFP will prevent owners ( including Tony of course ) putting in too much cash.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Warnock symbolises everything that is wrong with the managerial system and the English game in general. He is a useless old moron who has got lucky a few times so now circulates round the clubs, polluting the English game with trod terrible hoof it style (that symbolises the innate problems of English football psychology). If we ever stooped so low as to appoint someone as useless as him, of course I would still give my full support to the team, but I would be seriously conceded for our future (what flairtastic foreign player would willingly want to play under a boring middle aged White guy!). So in conclusion, you are wrong.

Oh and why the hell would poyet go to Leeds!? This is just terrible lazy journalism. Because they can't find out who actually might take the Leeds job, they have decided toblink the man who was once in a role at Leeds (and has stated how much respect he has for the club), so oh! He MUST be on his way immediately.

What a complete load of twaddle. I can accept that a manager may get lucky and be in the right place at the right time but Warnock has got promoted SEVEN times in his career. Lucky once, yes; maybe twice, but seven - no chance. He's also taken three sides to the PL and we all know how tough it is to break out of this league. He gets sides punching well above his weight.

And as for no flairtastic foreign players wanting to play for him. Who was the guy who got Abel Taarabt playing out of his skin and winning Championship player of the year? Was that some foreign manager.

You have the nerve to talk about lazy journalism when you can't even bothered to check any aspect of Warnock's career but dismiss him because he hasn't got a foreign name.

I think Warnock would be too old to be Brighton's manager now but I'd have welcomed him in the past. He's got a fantastic record with clubs - and he's said a lot of nice things about Brighton to boot.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Why are people so certain he wouldn't go? Leeds fans love him, he loves them and has said he wouldn't mind a crack at the job. Depending on what you read, they may have a decent wedge to spend next season and it is certainly a far bigger club than us. Him going there is, to me, far more likely than a move to Reading ever was.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why are people so certain he wouldn't go? Leeds fans love him, he loves them and has said he wouldn't mind a crack at the job. Depending on what you read, they may have a decent wedge to spend next season and it is certainly a far bigger club than us. Him going there is, to me, far more likely than a move to Reading ever was.

Actually the Leeds fans put the success at the time when Gus was at Leeds down to Denis Wise.......i know i was shocked as well. A couple of months ago when Warnock stated he would not be in charge next season, the fans preferred Adkins to Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here