Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus gets the boot

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Poyet can do one. It's Bridcutt and Buckley I feel sorry for. Clearly had their heads turned by Gus when neither were ready for the move up to EPL. Bridcutt has looked lost. I hope they both finds clubs that let them reach their potential. I'd have them both back in a shot.

Why do you feel sorry for them? Gus clearly thought they were ready for the EPL, they were happy to take the money and give it a shot. They're not a couple of 14 year old kids with shattered dreams, they're two decent Championship players who have tasted Prem riches and are now set up for life.

I daresay a Championship club with some parachute cash will sign them up and they'll probably do OK at Leicester, Norwich, Burnley or wherever, but have either REALLY got what it takes to ever succeed in the Prem? I very much doubt it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This completely. My feelings as well. After promotion to the championship and some of the best football ever played in Brighton why weren't NSC in unison screaming for his head? Because he was doing a great job and we were enjoying life right up until that final game.
NSC may not have been screaming in unison but I remember there was a vocal minority who hated Gus' style and wanted him gone. This is NSC after all!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Haha yeah HAVE THAT Gus.

I hated how you got us from the bottom of league one to the top end of the Championship playing the best football ive seen us play and bringing ex Spanish international superstars to Brighton.

And now youve got the boot with just your millions of pounds of compensation and the inevitable job at QPR.

REVENGE

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Haha yeah HAVE THAT Gus.

I hated how you got us from the bottom of league one to the top end of the Championship playing the best football ive seen us play and bringing ex Spanish international superstars to Brighton.

And now youve got the boot with just your millions of pounds of compensation and the inevitable job at QPR.

REVENGE

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha yeah HAVE THAT Gus.

REVENGE

Yeah can you believe one of them was SO UNGRATEFUL and said he reckoned Gus was the worst person he'd ever come across in football? Such ingratitude

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What goes around, comes around.

Gus will bounce back for sure.

Yoda

English & European
33% win ratio compared to Hyypia at 23%. McNeill had 35% for Sunderland. Di Canio 23%. Bruce 29%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sunderland_A.F.C._managers

I would like Will Buckley back if he ever gets fit again.

What will Sunderland's next mistake be?

Pity, really, I was £20 up at the bookies betting against Sunderland. Should have bet more whilst the going was good.

Only O'Neill above him in that list of recent managers (last 20 years) that hasn't had their stats inflated by a 2nd tier promotion campaign. Madness. What more do they want?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yeah can you believe one of them was SO UNGRATEFUL and said he reckoned Gus was the worst person he'd ever come across in football? Such ingratitude

and ignoring Gus's PETULANCE and ARROGANT behaviour, perhaps that's why people are happy for him to be sacked..

I am. I hated his personality. Can't stand him.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Only O'Neill above him in that list of recent managers (last 20 years) that hasn't had their stats inflated by a 2nd tier promotion campaign. Madness. What more do they want?

To stay in the PL?

To win a third of matches is pretty good but this season it is 4 wins out of 29.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sums up Poyet's premiership dream.

All this promise of the prem and look what it actually does to people when there.

Barnes has been the only success story out of all our current premiership ex players. The only player who didn't tout himself to Prem clubs. The only player who didn't receive any hype.

Poyet is still living off the one truly successful season he's had as manager, every other season has been hype.

Good post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here