Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its all getting a bit weird and tragic with some of you with the persistent Poyet can do no wrong comments, you really need to get together with Andy Naylor and hug it out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its all getting a bit weird and tragic with some of you with the persistent Poyet can do no wrong comments, you really need to get together with Andy Naylor and hug it out.

Perhaps you need to open the other eye and see all the monotonous comments over blaming poyet for most things...from what i see the 'positive' comments re poyet are mainly in response to the 'negative'....but hey what do i know

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course we were considered a laughing stock. Believe me, there was incredulity over it - even in Barcelona.

Wow! Were you there then? How many were laughing? How many thought Gus acted like a complete c*ck? No. I don't believe you. Show me the evidence.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We could debate this one for hours. Possibly Mullers would win if you take into consideration his success in getting promotion. Poyet for transforming a team playing in an athletics stadium about to be relegated and nearly winning promotion..I did not see the promotion winning side under Mullers so will plump for Poyet but respect those who are older than me or luckier than me to have seen Mullers side. I did see the Mullers side circa 86 and would suggest this might taint the overall memory of him?? Maybe a thread starter.

It's been done to death, Lord Bamber. Anyway, I agree it's debatable for the newbies, but not for those who stick to the facts. Mullery got us to the top flight. Gus didn't. In fact, Barry Lloyd got us closer than Gus in '91!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow! Were you there then? How many were laughing? How many thought Gus acted like a complete c*ck? No. I don't believe you. Show me the evidence.

I don't give a shit if you don't believe me. That's your insularity at play, which isn't my concern.

No-one knows or cares how Gus acted. It was how it looked.

Palace had a field day with us; friends who support other teams were cringeing. And yes, I was in Barcelona, talking with locals about Oscar Garcia when the Gus' sacking cropped up. It was embarrassing having to explain that it wasn't quite as Gus painted at.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
this do not believe any of what you read and only half of what you hear
and TRUST only your own feelings

But don't trust anyone else <- that's your philosophy, isn't it?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
- followed by a sacking due for gross misconduct - Of which we know very little about, so we can discount that.

A sacking for gross misconduct, which stands to this day and you discount it!!!

In everyday life would you call a person's employment a success if it ended in dismissal for gross misconduct?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

In everyday life would you call a person's employment a success if it ended in dismissal for gross misconduct?

Somebody can be extremely good at their job, achieve an enormous amount, and get sacked for gross misconduct for something like having a fight with a colleague, refusing to obey a direct order, stealing from the company or from colleagues. Would that negate the quality of their performance in their job? Just saying

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't give a shit if you don't believe me. That's your insularity at play, which isn't my concern.

No-one knows or cares how Gus acted. It was how it looked.

Palace had a field day with us; friends who support other teams were cringeing. And yes, I was in Barcelona, talking with locals about Oscar Garcia when the Gus' sacking cropped up. It was embarrassing having to explain that it wasn't quite as Gus painted at.

Biased nonsense as always. I spent most of my time trying to explain to fans of opposing teams that it wasn't Gus who evacuated his bowels in the Palace dressing room. If anything, he was the laughing stock.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sadly I think he would!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There is a nasty sicky virus around here, I've heard it's a large one and hard to shake off.

But don't trust anyone else <- that's your philosophy, isn't it?

to bloody right and certainly not someone who says he knows whats going on continually dangling it in front of people things he can't pass on.
my feeling is that you know naff all about the POYET fiasco but love to feel big
put up or shut up

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Somebody can be extremely good at their job, achieve an enormous amount, and get sacked for gross misconduct for something like having a fight with a colleague, refusing to obey a direct order, stealing from the company or from colleagues. Would that negate the quality of their performance in their job? Just saying

Definitely not but Gus`rep is now tarnished.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
to bloody right and certainly not someone who says he knows whats going on continually dangling it in front of people things he can't pass on.
my feeling is that you know naff all about the POYET fiasco but love to feel big
put up or shut up

I think you have serious trust issues.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think you have serious trust issues.

you are right
I will always have TRUST issues with someone who continually keeps on about someone he does not know in the way you do about Gus
again I will ask you what do you know about him that we don't
proof not hearsay
if you don't know anything then shut about him
in fact just shut up

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
put up or shut up

Is there any reason why you quoted me with this response? And for the second comment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here