Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greens at it again

after visiting Brighton last Sunday paying £6 for two hours would have been worst if I had not park in waitrose for a bit of free parking. 80p first hour £1.20 for two hours in Mid Sussex and we complain about that. So I thought they made the tax up by screwing the car users.

Last time i paid to park in Mid Sussex i was the only car in the car park?????? SHAME YOU CAN'T RAISE A BIT MORE CASH AND SORT OUT THOSE BLOOMING POT HOLES UP YOUR WAY!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's nothing more than a political gesture by the Greens - a look at us fighting austerity ( which of course they aren't, their just attempting to get more out of taxpayers ). The opposition parties won't support it and nor would the voters if it went to referendum. Why waste time on discussing it ? Ah, yes, back to my first sentence.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
after visiting Brighton last Sunday paying £6 for two hours would have been worst if I had not park in waitrose for a bit of free parking. 80p first hour £1.20 for two hours in Mid Sussex and we complain about that. So I thought they made the tax up by screwing the car users.

No, no, no. They hiked up car parking tariffs to encourage people to use public transport. Just to ensure greater use of public transport, they hiked up the bus prices too. Great, logical work.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I live in Lewes District, where my council tax is considerably higher than it would be in Brighton or Mid Sussex.

Band D Charges:-
Lewes - £1,649 for me (or £1,727 in some parts of the district)
Mid Sussex - Up to £1,556.96
Brighton & Hove - £1,537.15

They could increase council tax by 7.2 per cent in Brighton & Hove and it would still be less than what I'm paying now.

And Lewes is hardly famed for having a parking scheme that is appreciated by local residents.

Strange. I live in a band D house in Mid Sussex and pay about £1850 a year.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, no, no. They hiked up car parking tariffs to encourage people to use public transport. Just to ensure greater use of public transport, they hiked up the bus prices too. Great, logical work.

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but to defend the Greens, they have no say on the bus prices set by B&H buses ( unless it's on a route that the council pays for ) - it's a private company.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I blame the pensioners we need to remove the free bus pass and get them paying their way.

I hold my hand up. I have one of these passes and no doubt they are crippling the nation. All pensioners should be given the Soylent Green treatment and free up money from the NHS, and let some young whippersnappers get on the jobs ladder.

Meanwhile,gotta go. The 9.47 might be on time today.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps they should put car parking prices up a bit to cover the shortfall.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

I would agree with higher parking price if public transport was reduced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here