Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Green Bin collection "paused"

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
MSDC are a joke and have been for years, bunch of admins who couldn’t spell ‘public service’ let alone deliver one. Their handling of the Ouse Valley fracking dispute was ridiculous, they may as well have worn ‘JR’ T-shirts whilst holding out their hands backwards....
They closed the recycling centres before the pubs were shut down. The cynic in me immediately thought ‘cost save’ when I saw the green bin news. 24 hours after the green bin news they posted a ‘no bonfires’ message, you couldn’t make it up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So how come one council can continue all collections while another hides behind this virus thingy as a way to "pause" collections?

Good question!

...... and meanwhile, on the news tonight a report about a sudden rise in fly-tipping. I wonder why .......................
(Not that I condone fly-tipping - I'd like to see the perpetrators caught, named and shamed and forced to spend all their leisure hours clearing up litter for a couple of years - but it is increasing evidence that some councils are getting it wrong). Expect bonfires soon too, once the cuttings have dried out a bit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had a gigantic sack of garden waste after hacking and trimming back all and sundry. With the recycling centres shut, I dumped it in a mates alleyway. Job done.
As for the general recycling bin, due to increased beer intake at home, I've invested in one of these:

41MoZ8voURL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

Squashes the cans down flat as a pancake - and its so SATISFYING to do as well, I genuinely look forward to it. In fact, its encouraged me to drink more - which is big. And clever.

You see those big things at the end of your legs ? They have 10 little'ish porky things on the end ( well unless you're from Norwich ). Put some heavy boots on them and stamp the cans. No need to store some weird machine then !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I know you like telling folk you have various reprobates on ignore almost on a daily basis, why not do us all a favour and list them on a signature?

Btw could someone quote this otherwise he won’t see it!

I am on his ignore list as well, and with his usual mixture of childish vanity and superiority because he is such an intelligent scientist, I am quite proud of it. I salute all of you on the list . .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You see those big things at the end of your legs ? They have 10 little'ish porky things on the end ( well unless you're from Norwich ). Put some heavy boots on them and stamp the cans. No need to store some weird machine then !

Nah, this is much easier than pulling on some hobnails and stomping. I can do it in my slippers, one step. Bosh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still green waste collection in Hillingdon, cannot see why Mid Sussex has paused.

BHCC’s the same as MSDC, they couldn’t wait to pause a service, our green waste bins haven’t been collected in a month. For the first two or three weeks no refuse or recycling either, thankfully they resumed.

The entire workforce couldn’t have displayed covid-19 symptoms three or four weeks ago. No one we know in the city has knowingly had the virus yet, hospital wards lay empty.

Not a slight on the workers, who are decent people. But for years under BHCC control, then a contractor, it’s been endless industrial disputes and no-shows on collection.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It’s called running a public service via a spreadsheet. Wankers to a man.

You seem pretty upset with them beyond just the pausing of a green bin service, what did they do exactly shit in your tea?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Our green garden waste bins are also brown :lolol:

here in the sunny Wharfe Valley, our Green recycling bins are brown, the normal recycling ones are grey and the general waste green. Clearly whoever thought those up were colour blind!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Still no recycle collection here in West Hove almost Portslade!

Last time they picked my recycling up was 13 March

They picked up recycling last week in Hangleton.

Here in B & H the general waste bin is green, the recycle green.

You mean recycling is grey not green surely ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here