Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great result, shame about the pitch invasion

Is there anyway people can find something not to moan about on a day like today? We f***ing won, we are staying up and i held Russel above my head and felt the Egg head. Couldn't have wished for a better game and i am sorry for ruining your precious lap of honor, but you should be grateful that now we are not down there are many more to come...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Exactly! The ones who invaded before the end were a bit dozy, mind you.

Easy mistake to make. They were quick enough to get off again sharpish once they'd realised their mistake.

I'm chuffed to be bits that me and my boy have taken part in two pitch invasions in one season !:yahoo:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Easy mistake to make. They were quick enough to get off again sharpish once they'd realised their mistake.

I'm chuffed to be bits that me and my boy have taken part in two pitch invasions in one season !:yahoo:

That was f***ing hilarious, a bunch of people run onto the pitch only for the whole tide to turn back and run back to the stands.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That was f***ing hilarious, a bunch of people run onto the pitch only for the whole tide to turn back and run back to the stands.

I was proud of the premature mob today. They showed great passion and committment in closing down the space as fast as they could between them and the touchline from whence they came to ensure that we didn't incur any penalty and thus undo all the sterling work that's been done to pull off the great escape :thumbsup:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Watching from the other end I thought the first pitch invasion looked really funny. It was like a wave - they all poured onto the pitch and then retreated again almost instantly.

For all those being negative about the pitch invasion at the end, all I would say is that it was the last game of a very frustrating season and those that went on were simply enjoying themselves, it was good humoured and and it did no harm to anyone. I think it is to our credit that those that went on mistakenly, retreated once they realised the game had not ended.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I was proud of the premature mob today. They showed great passion and committment in closing down the space as fast as they could between them and the touchline from whence they came to ensure that we didn't incur any penalty and thus undo all the sterling work that's been done to pull off the great escape :thumbsup:

yes but did you see the HUGE fat guy in the white top, he looked like he wasn't going to make it back without some St Johns assistance! apologies if that was you.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wanted his hat but someone got it :censored:

I know who got it, and I have in fact WORN it this evening. :D

The pitch invasion was brilliant, the players and Slade loved it and no-one got hurt. Anyone against it should stop being a f***ing killjoy. Even in a time where we've actually got a small something to celebrate, trust someone to find an excuse to whinge.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
well i was prt of tha mob that ran on 2 the pitch 2 early lol, but y i dnt get is y the stewards were trying 2 put the advetising barriers back up wen we would just kick em down agen? would have been nice for the players 2 come out nd show their appreciation 4 our support this season rather than us giving them appreciation for the way they've played which has been wank prt frm da last 7 games!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I know who got it, and I have in fact WORN it this evening. :D

The pitch invasion was brilliant, the players and Slade loved it and no-one got hurt. Anyone against it should stop being a f***ing killjoy. Even in a time where we've actually got a small something to celebrate, trust someone to find an excuse to whinge.
how much they want for it? :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Saying a lap of honour would have been inappropriate is garbage. Its not a lap of honour. Its a chance for the players to come out and clap the supporters at the end of the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Saying a lap of honour would have been inappropriate is garbage. Its not a lap of honour. Its a chance for the players to come out and clap the supporters at the end of the season.

Thank you some people seem to have missed that point

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

I Agree I wasnt the one who started saying "lap of honour" thou!:lol:
(PS, Are you American)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Words like garbage are not welcome inside of the united kingdom im afraid
Hmmm... Infact I will be fair you can say it in wales but ONLY To sheep!:lolol:

to be fair, garbage is fine when talking about "talking bollocks or rubbish" and not when talking about "rubbish"

just my 2 pennies.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Me and my boy went on from the family stand.

He loved every second of it, shaking Whingy's hand and looking so happy.

If you want to moan about, your choice, but remember when you were younger.

Withdean is my boy's Goldstone.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
How anyone can moan about a pitch invasion is beyond me!? The players LOVED it, just look at the sheer delight on Slade's face in the pics. All the players I bumped into on the pitch were happy that we were on there to celebrate with them.

Why the hell should I not run onto the pitch after my team have just avoided relegation on the final day. It was sheer relief, and I think the fans acted accordingly. It didn't get out of hand, the Stockport fans showed their appreciation by staying and clapping and we returned the compliment.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Lap of honour and a chance to wave farewell to those we may not see again, and thanks to those we will would've been a great way to top off the day. Sadly many hundreds had other ideas.

Many will claim it was spontaneous, yet the 4 deep crowd on the track before the whistle says otherwise. Those that invaded the pitch before full time could theoretically have led to a points deduction.

HAVE SOME FUN U WANK STAIN :censored:

:shrug: should we have all just sat there and clapped

your worse than the stewards :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here