Great result, shame about the pitch invasion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Why did we need a lap on honour? What have we achieved? So we stayed up but we should never have been there in the first place. One thing to have a pitch invasion to say thank you, but save the laps of honour for when we win something.

Ask yourself why we needed a pitch invasion then?
If you say there wasnt any need for a lap of honour because nothing was achieved why was there need for a pitch invasion?????
Not that i disagree with the pitch invasion but im curious...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why did we need a lap on honour? What have we achieved? So we stayed up but we should never have been there in the first place. One thing to have a pitch invasion to say thank you, but save the laps of honour for when we win something.

good point, well made

franks brother

mum and conner 014.JPG

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
The pitch invasion was immense. EVERYONE around Slade :lolol:
I wanted his hat but someone got it :censored:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Ask yourself why we needed a pitch invasion then?
If you say there wasnt any need for a lap of honour because nothing was achieved why was there need for a pitch invasion?????
Not that i disagree with the pitch invasion but im curious...

A pitch invasion is part and parcel of the last game of the season. A lap of honour is to celebrate something.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The players were never going to do a lap of honour regardless.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
A pitch invasion is part and parcel of the last game of the season. A lap of honour is to celebrate something.

Well i disagree with you to me a pitch invasion is a celabratory thing (ie,man city,swindon) we will just have to agree to disagree:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The players were never going to do a lap of honour regardless.

the stewards seemed to think they were once everyone had left the pitch but there was no one left by then

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think a " lap of honour " would have been inappropriate.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
typical moaning brighton fans not content with staying up they moan about a pitch invasion......smoke some drugs for f*** sake morons :sigh:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It not really a lap oh honour though is it, its a thank you from the players and manager to the fans for the season. Personally I would have preferred that to a few thousand people running on to the pitch

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Slade, Whing, Forster, Hart, Loft, Owusu maybe.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
More like an invasion stroll for us older ones.

Nice to see a fair few familiar faces as well.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
f*** off. I kissed Russell's head, stroked Russell's head, then supported each of his buttocks with my hands as he was lifted across the pitch. If you think a pitch invasion is a BAD idea then you've no sense of fun, because I've just had the most sexual experience of my life.

Are you gay ????

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
So our achievment in staying up is not a celabratory thing? ???

Yes as i said in an earlier post
but Wardy posted "Why did we need a lap on honour? What have we achieved?"and i believe we achieved something by staying up considering the position we were in wether or not we should of been there plus i dont agree you have to achieve something for a lap of honour:wave:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I would suggest the pitch invasion was a collosal expression of relief rather than celebration...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A lap of honour would have been an embarrassment, maybe next year when we get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports