Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great night for us...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Obviously it's fine if we win every game. It would be better if we didn't have too though. We'll have to agree to disagree on what he wanted though, I'm sure he'd have liked a Burnley loss.

I will see him after the Derby match. I will ask him but things might have altered by then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will see him after the Derby match. I will ask him but things might have altered by then.
He won't tell you :) He'll just repeat the 'it's best not to hope, when you don't know what will work out for the best' nonsense :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think I'm sticking by my original prognosis; that I wasn't fussed about what happened at Turf Moor.

Though obviously elated last night on 90 minutes my immediate bodily reaction to the Keane equaliser was to try and work out whether or not it was good for us or not. I gave up pretty quickly; realistically the only way you can make a decision about that is to make some inferences about how 8 other upcoming matches are going to pan out, and I reckon there are far too many 'unknowables' in there to be able to do so with any degree of accuracy.

I suppose my overriding feeling is that the 1-1 result was a beneficial one because it means that both teams are within one result away of being caught. Anything more complex than that (i.e. we only need to catch one of these teams so we wanted one - Burnley - to drop as many points as possible) is for me a step too far in terms of a rationale. All three teams are more than capable of winning all of their outstanding games, and who is to say that the Burnley expected points haul is to be less than Boros? How confident would someone be making a statement like that? I wouldn't be.

I'm explaining this badly. Basically I'm very happy.

I get your reasoning which, without wanting to get all Rumsfeldian (never a good thing), is playing on the difference between what we know (before yesterday: Boro +4pts on us; Burnley + 2pts on us) and what we don't know (the results of the final eight games involving the top three).
I still think, just, that I'd have preferred a Boro win last night because of what we know/knew then but, then again, in a few weeks time, what we don't know now might disabuse me of that view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here