Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great night for us...

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Until the equaliser went in all we had to do in the last 3 games was to match what ever Burnley do and not really worry what Boro did, now that is not enough. To go up we have to match both of them in 2 and do better in the 3rd game. Yes its still in our own hands with us still to play Boro, but I would much prefer the first option as it may well have given us a little more of a cushion when it comes to the last game. To me 1st or 2nd place makes no difference, its what being in those places after game 46 means that counts.

Of course, win all 3 of them 4-0 or 5-0 and it won't matter what the rest do :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Keep up mong - option doesn't exist on an iPhone.

Time of the month for you is it ?

Can you think before using the word 'mong' as you've been constantly doing on this thread..?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Keep up mong - option doesn't exist on an iPhone

What is this on my iPhone then?

094e0a1facbf792fe34a2b31f5f27bc7.jpg

RedArmy86

Apr 20, 2016
Boro fan here, interesting to see that a lot think it was a good result. I would of thought a winner from last night would have been the best result but the way you are playing I can understand keeping 2 teams in your sight is better than 1.

As fans we're not too down about the result. It was a must not lose for us rather than a must win. It was disappointing to concede in the last minute but we've scored two last minute winners in a week! As for our form, 7 unbeaten after winning 6 on the bounce shows we're up for the fight.

I'd be worried if i was a Burnley fan, they were pretty poor considering they haven't lost for 20ish games. We controlled the game for 75-80 but when 6 minutes were added on from nowhere last night it gave them a lift. But plenty of positives for us to take.

I think you and us are hitting the former at the right time as feel that Burnley are due a defeat or even a draw. I haven't gone too deep into predictions etc but I feel we will drop points at Birmingham but all we really need to do is win our home games. Unfortunately, one is against you so hope there's some sort of outcome which will see us both go up on the last day. The past few weeks you've played some great stuff and it would be a joke if you didn't go up. It's a shame the top 3 can't go up regardless as between us we've all had some great runs this year.

All the best for your next few games, as I said I hope you can come and get promoted with us on the last day. Always enjoy my trip down there so wouldn't mind doing it again in the PL!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Boro fan here, interesting to see that a lot think it was a good result. I would of thought a winner from last night would have been the best result but the way you are playing I can understand keeping 2 teams in your sight is better than 1.

As fans we're not too down about the result. It was a must not lose for us rather than a must win. It was disappointing to concede in the last minute but we've scored two last minute winners in a week! As for our form, 7 unbeaten after winning 6 on the bounce shows we're up for the fight.

I'd be worried if i was a Burnley fan, they were pretty poor considering they haven't lost for 20ish games. We controlled the game for 75-80 but when 6 minutes were added on from nowhere last night it gave them a lift. But plenty of positives for us to take.

I think you and us are hitting the former at the right time as feel that Burnley are due a defeat or even a draw. I haven't gone too deep into predictions etc but I feel we will drop points at Birmingham but all we really need to do is win our home games. Unfortunately, one is against you so hope there's some sort of outcome which will see us both go up on the last day. The past few weeks you've played some great stuff and it would be a joke if you didn't go up. It's a shame the top 3 can't go up regardless as between us we've all had some great runs this year.

All the best for your next few games, as I said I hope you can come and get promoted with us on the last day. Always enjoy my trip down there so wouldn't mind doing it again in the PL!

Think most on here would have preferred you hung on; personally I am happy to keep you just about in sight. Four points ahead and superior GD with three games to go might have looked too much for us to catch, even allowing for final game.

Agree about momentum; while there is a huge dislike for Burnley on here, we must give them some respect for resilience and team morale, they have equalised in injury time against both of us. But, somehow I just can't see them not losing whereas I can see Boro and Brighton continuing the run all the way. Be handy if a draw suits us both on 7th

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Welcome [MENTION=34153]RedArmy86[/MENTION].

We'd have much preferred a Boro win - as outlined by a poll on here yesterday. The problem for us now is that a draw at Preston for Burnley doesn't do us much good. It helps a bit, but ultimately still means we have to win all three. Had you held on, a Burnley point at Preston coupled with a win for us would have meant us going 4 points clear of them with two to play and the last day stitch up would have been nailed on if we had then beat Derby.

A draw at Preston for Burnley now means that Boro and Brighton could still deprive Burnley on the final day -- however that scenario would mean that you'd already be up, but annoyingly you'd still need to avoid defeat for the title. We'd need to win, with the title a nice by-product of promotion. So we are praying the Lilywhites do the double over the bitter ginger dalek and his one-trick ponies.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think I'm sticking by my original prognosis; that I wasn't fussed about what happened at Turf Moor.

Though obviously elated last night on 90 minutes my immediate bodily reaction to the Keane equaliser was to try and work out whether or not it was good for us or not. I gave up pretty quickly; realistically the only way you can make a decision about that is to make some inferences about how 8 other upcoming matches are going to pan out, and I reckon there are far too many 'unknowables' in there to be able to do so with any degree of accuracy.

I suppose my overriding feeling is that the 1-1 result was a beneficial one because it means that both teams are within one result away of being caught. Anything more complex than that (i.e. we only need to catch one of these teams so we wanted one - Burnley - to drop as many points as possible) is for me a step too far in terms of a rationale. All three teams are more than capable of winning all of their outstanding games, and who is to say that the Burnley expected points haul is to be less than Boros? How confident would someone be making a statement like that? I wouldn't be.

I'm explaining this badly. Basically I'm very happy.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
It means a draw against Boro no longer helps us if Preston draw with Burnley. BUT a draw against Boro now helps if Boro lose before we play them. Plus a win against Boro may see us be champions. Unless Preston draws with Burnley the equaliser was good. But if they do it wasn't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the only result he didn't want was a Burnley win. Apart from that he didn't care. He knows that he just has to concentrate on his team winning and if that happens nothing else matters
Obviously it's fine if we win every game. It would be better if we didn't have too though. We'll have to agree to disagree on what he wanted though, I'm sure he'd have liked a Burnley loss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Welcome [MENTION=34153]RedArmy86[/MENTION].

We'd have much preferred a Boro win - as outlined by a poll on here yesterday. The problem for us now is that a draw at Preston for Burnley doesn't do us much good. It helps a bit, but ultimately still means we have to win all three. Had you held on, a Burnley point at Preston coupled with a win for us would have meant us going 4 points clear of them with two to play and the last day stitch up would have been nailed on if we had then beat Derby.

A draw at Preston for Burnley now means that Boro and Brighton could still deprive Burnley on the final day -- however that scenario would mean that you'd already be up, but annoyingly you'd still need to avoid defeat for the title. We'd need to win, with the title a nice by-product of promotion. So we are praying the Lilywhites do the double over the bitter ginger dalek and his one-trick ponies.

Anything but a Burnley win on Friday is great for us IMO, that means if we then win our next two games which I'm positive we can Burnley would then be under great pressure to winat home to QPR to keep their hopes alive. I know it's all ifs and buts so I say take one game at a time

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't want to use an inappropriate words, and looked it up to get a better understanding, and couldn't see that it was offensive. I don't think we can use the urban dictionary as a guide to what a word means, have you got a more reliable source?

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/mong

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mongoloid

It's a shortening of mongol which is a further shortening of mongoloid which was a term often slung at people with Down's Syndrome.

Not a lot of people know that...sadly.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
On the plus side, a positive thread from Sir Albion! Now there's something you don't see every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here