Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great news for yellow jacket wearers

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Those dickheads who spend the whole game winding up the stewards and looking for an arguement with them at Withdean are an absolute embarrassment to the club. It is the stewards job to tell people to sit down (even if the do not agree with the ruling) and look after the safety of the crowd.

It really is absolutely pathetic to watch a grown man argue with a steward, shout offensive things all game and then 'kick off' when someone is thrown out. f***ing grow up and watch the match.

Dandyman

In London village.
failed PCO?

Ah yes the generalisation that stewards all wanna be coppers - nope not me i'm afraid. just there for the money which I am putting away for the kids.

as for the dole money - I dunno although I know my main job has an affect on the amount of tax I pay on the stewarding though...

Maybe I went the wrong way about it but the reason I posted in this thread was the insults toward stewards are unfair (to the majority) and the assumption that were stupid and only earn/are capable of earning the minimum wage is pretty offensive as the amount of training you have to go through certainly wasn't fun or easy (there WERE exams at the end).

Yes there are a fair few tossers that work there that think they are gods but you will find that most of us don't care what you do and only say something to someone about sitting down or behaviour if told to by the supervisor and not out of personal choice or if it is a genuine hazard. If I paid as much as you to get in I would expect to be able to do what I want within reason.

Apologies for any offence caused.

A fair response to be honest. Actually I blame Richard Heberd (sp.) for a lot of the antagonism. Never put a Gooner in charge of anything.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
failed PCO?

Ah yes the generalisation that stewards all wanna be coppers - nope not me i'm afraid. just there for the money which I am putting away for the kids.

as for the dole money - I dunno although I know my main job has an affect on the amount of tax I pay on the stewarding though...

Maybe I went the wrong way about it but the reason I posted in this thread was the insults toward stewards are unfair (to the majority) and the assumption that were stupid and only earn/are capable of earning the minimum wage is pretty offensive as the amount of training you have to go through certainly wasn't fun or easy (there WERE exams at the end).

Yes there are a fair few tossers that work there that think they are gods but you will find that most of us don't care what you do and only say something to someone about sitting down or behaviour if told to by the supervisor and not out of personal choice or if it is a genuine hazard. If I paid as much as you to get in I would expect to be able to do what I want within reason.

Apologies for any offence caused.

An encouragingly honest account of hi-viz biz at Withdean (& beyondo) there. Why the hell didn't you post that in the first place?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Those dickheads who spend the whole game winding up the stewards and looking for an arguement with them at Withdean are an absolute embarrassment to the club. It is the stewards job to tell people to sit down (even if the do not agree with the ruling) and look after the safety of the crowd.

It really is absolutely pathetic to watch a grown man argue with a steward, shout offensive things all game and then 'kick off' when someone is thrown out. f***ing grow up and watch the match.

Agree with every word of that post.

Agree with every word of that post.

But try telling that to a large number of people on here, who use this site as an outlet for what they won't say at the match.
This is a microcosm for what many think about those who keep a semblance of social order at a game, so that all are able to enjoy the game without disturbance from a few others.

Those stands have West Street nightclubbing chavs sitting alongside regular well-comported members of the public. The twain shall meet, but all shall have the same freedoms to watch the spectacle they have paid equally for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The stewards at Elland Road were keeping a sensible low profile last night , must have been at least 30,000 fans standing up throughout the match. No safety issues as everyone behaved themselves.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
An encouragingly honest account of hi-viz biz at Withdean (& beyondo) there. Why the hell didn't you post that in the first place?

I didn't say that at first place because I suppose it wouldn't have fitted in with the abuse being banded around and also because I was a bit pissed off but obviously once I got a chance to look back I realised I could have approached it better.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here